wanna go bigger?

When I first saw it I thought the middle of the wheel was filled in with
transparent polythene or something, so it would act like a sail and be
ridden like a windsurfer. In the video though he looks to be just
riding it like a giant BC wheel/skateboard thing.

--
rob.northcott

'Dartmoor Muni Weekend'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46116) - Last
weekend in May 2006
Same again next year anyone? It'll be dry, I promise.

I never thought I would see a more pointless mode of transport than a BC
wheel.

Looks like I thought wrong!

It doesn't look like you can ride it very far.

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

"Mmmm, I can smell bread!..........I wonder if thats what you smell
before you die?" - My workmate, Paul

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

ivan wrote:
> The clip is very boring. I wish they took it down some stairs or
> something, if they say it's an extreme sport.
> The whole thing seems kind of like a big waste of time and money.

man... they need to research the tricks on this.. its a new way of
wheel... no1 takes a new object and start doing stairs gaps and big
hops..

--
picado

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###

One wheel in brazil
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

Some dumb bugger should take that thing on a half pipe.

I'd do it seriously if I dosn't has ter pay for one.

--
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978

picado wrote:
> man... they need to research the tricks on this.. its a new way of
> wheel... no1 takes a new object and start doing stairs gaps and big
> hops..

Well, then they must have researched it before making a 9-minute long
clip, where all they do is ride around, getting no farther than 10
metres.

--
ivan

Someone wrote:
> Blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

It looks like it's being ridden by inventors, not by someone who's
really tried pulling out the stops. From the clips you can get some
idea of the way it acts..

Wasn't impressed with the tubing they used, it looked like they were
getting some flex on that bow spar there on some of the maneuvers.
Better to put connecting rods around the ends of each radial, under
tension pulling each tip toward the wheel so to reduce flex. It's not
clear that that one, which seems to be a prototype of sorts, is really
built to the standards of a stunt rider, possibly because not enough
have been used to work out the kinks.

The swing of it sort've implies that a tricker might be able to get
their body to flip on the inside of the wheel though, and do some sort
of inversion while rolling, which would likely impart some sort of spin
to the wheel. Tricks would likely resemble rolling plate behavior more
than hopping and gapping. The addition of a disc brake would open up a
number of tricks i'm sure. Some of the more extreme tricks might need
them to raise the board a bit to avoid strike. It looks like the design
would be pretty easy to motorize too.

--
JusticeZero
JusticeZero's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13539