Insurance company, Lance's Tour bonus?

kaiser

Guest
There had been some news some time back about how the insurance company
had refused to pay Lance's multi-million dollar bonus after he won the
TDF (back when the LA Confidentiel book came out). Anyone know the
name of the insurance company, or the status of the case?

thanks,

-p

Ask Brian Lafferty. He knows all about this sort of stuff.
In fact he's been discussing it here in RBR currently.

He knows more than the plaintiffs, ins. companies, and defendants
combined since he read the stupid Walsh book.

-Ken

"k.papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ask Brian Lafferty. He knows all about this sort of stuff.
> In fact he's been discussing it here in RBR currently.
>
> He knows more than the plaintiffs, ins. companies, and defendants
> combined since he read the stupid Walsh book.
>
> -Ken

Regrettably, I don't have the insurance company's name at my fingertips. A
google search will surly find it quickly. The rest of your statement is
correct in as much as my knowledge base is broader than someone who has not
read the Walsh book.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On 19 Jul 2005 15:33:09 -0700, "kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>There had been some news some time back about how the insurance company
>>had refused to pay Lance's multi-million dollar bonus after he won the
>>TDF (back when the LA Confidentiel book came out). Anyone know the
>>name of the insurance company, or the status of the case?

> Isn't that what insurance companies do-
> try to wimp out of paying out any chance they get ?

This company has paid Armstrong molt-million dollar bonuses for previous
Tour wins. They have placed the money at issue in escrow pending
litigation.

On 19 Jul 2005 15:33:09 -0700, "kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote:

>There had been some news some time back about how the insurance company
>had refused to pay Lance's multi-million dollar bonus after he won the
>TDF (back when the LA Confidentiel book came out). Anyone know the
>name of the insurance company, or the status of the case?

Isn't that what insurance companies do-
try to wimp out of paying out any chance they get ?

> Isn't that what insurance companies do-
> try to wimp out of paying out any chance they get ?

Insurance Company (def.) - a business entity that sells coverage and
denies liability.

I'm a recent lurker. I just can't seem to get enough inside cycling
info. But it took this to draw me out.

-VF

kaiser wrote:
> There had been some news some time back about how the insurance company
> had refused to pay Lance's multi-million dollar bonus after he won the
> TDF (back when the LA Confidentiel book came out). Anyone know the
> name of the insurance company, or the status of the case?
>
> thanks,
>
> -p

It's something like SCA Promotions in Dallas, on Preston Road across
from the Houstons, not far from Sevi's. They are a specialty insurer
and assume the risk of many sporting event promotions - like a fan
kicking a field goal from the 20-yard line during half-time at an NFL
game. Bob Hammon heads this company. He's a very smart guy and a
world-class bridge player.

"Bob Hammon heads this company. He's a very smart guy and a
world-class bridge player. "

Who is very poor at handicapping cycling events.