Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles

Jim Marnott

Guest
Hi,

I made these tonight. They are quite messy to make, but very tasty.

---------------------------------------

Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles

8 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp butter
6 tbsp cocoa powder
more powder for coating
½ cup Splenda
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract (optional)

Soften butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add all other
ingredients, except the cocoa powder for coating. Mix with fork until
completely blended. Let cool in fridge for ½ hour or so. Put about 1
tbsp of cocoa powder into a small bowl. Using your hands (yes, it’s
messy) pick up a small amount of chocolate/cream cheese mixture and roll
around in cocoa powder. Try to get it as round as possible. Keep
making the balls until you run out of chocolate. Store in fridge.

(Don't forget to lick all utensils and the mixing bowl and your fingers.
There are no calories if you are just cleaning up.)

This makes about 20 various size balls. Here is the approximate
nutritional breakdown per ball.

57 calories, 2g Carbs, 1.2g Protein, 5g fat (according to fitwatch)

JM

--
---
Remove THECARBS in my email address.

I've made these before, they are great and you can freeze them also. I have
to hide them from myself, keeping to a 4 carb limit of treats.

--
Diane

"Jim Marnott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I made these tonight. They are quite messy to make, but very tasty.
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles
>
> 8 oz cream cheese
> 2 tbsp butter
> 6 tbsp cocoa powder
> more powder for coating
> ½ cup Splenda
> 1 tbsp vanilla extract
> 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
>
> Soften butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add all other
> ingredients, except the cocoa powder for coating. Mix with fork until
> completely blended. Let cool in fridge for ½ hour or so. Put about 1
> tbsp of cocoa powder into a small bowl. Using your hands (yes, it’s
> messy) pick up a small amount of chocolate/cream cheese mixture and roll
> around in cocoa powder. Try to get it as round as possible. Keep making
> the balls until you run out of chocolate. Store in fridge.
>
> (Don't forget to lick all utensils and the mixing bowl and your fingers.
> There are no calories if you are just cleaning up.)
>
> This makes about 20 various size balls. Here is the approximate
> nutritional breakdown per ball.
>
> 57 calories, 2g Carbs, 1.2g Protein, 5g fat (according to fitwatch)
>

> JM
>
> --
> ---
> Remove THECARBS in my email address.

I've made a lot of snacks with unsweetened cocoa and cream cheese and/or
butter, all good!

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:09:48 -0500, Jim Marnott wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made these tonight. They are quite messy to make, but very tasty.
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles
>
> 8 oz cream cheese
> 2 tbsp butter
> 6 tbsp cocoa powder
> more powder for coating
> ½ cup Splenda
> 1 tbsp vanilla extract
> 1 tsp almond extract (optional)

/snip/

> This makes about 20 various size balls. Here is the approximate
> nutritional breakdown per ball.
>
> 57 calories, 2g Carbs, 1.2g Protein, 5g fat (according to fitwatch)

I'm not sure where the 2 g carbs per ball would come from, if it's 20 balls.
Unless there's carbs in Splenda, the only carbs I see in the ingredients
would be the cocoa powder, which has 3 carbs per tablespoon (according to
the Nestle's and Hershey's package labels). So if it were a total of 8
tablespoons including that used for coating, that would be 24 carbs split
among 20 balls, which is more like 1 per ball than 2.

Skinny

Jim, in the future, when pasting recipes, would you please change
the fraction characters to 1/2, 1/4, etc.? For anyone reading on a
Mac or Linux, the fraction characters usually display as odd graphic
chars instead of fractions. (I wrote myself a conversion chart at
some point, so I know that what displayed on my screen as something
similar to a Greek Eta on the Splenda was supposed to have been 1/2.)

Jim Marnott <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made these tonight. They are quite messy to make, but very tasty.
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles
>
> 8 oz cream cheese
> 2 tbsp butter