Attention, sticky when wet...

trg

Guest
Twice now I've gone out for a ride in good weather, and about halfway
through it started raining. Until then, no problems (I usually pull over for
a quick stop at the halfway point of my ride, and I would have noticed if
the brake pads were rubbing.) When I got off the bike at the end of the
ride, I notice that the rear brake pads are rubbing the rim because they're
no longer centered. This has only happened when riding in the rain.

What's going on? Is there some spot I should lube? Brakes are Chorus.

Thanks

Trg wrote:
> Twice now I've gone out for a ride in good weather, and about halfway
> through it started raining. Until then, no problems (I usually pull over
> for a quick stop at the halfway point of my ride, and I would have
> noticed if the brake pads were rubbing.) When I got off the bike at the
> end of the ride, I notice that the rear brake pads are rubbing the rim
> because they're no longer centered. This has only happened when riding
> in the rain.
> What's going on? Is there some spot I should lube? Brakes are Chorus.
> Thanks

Rain helps kick up more crud and also helps distribute the crud. Take a
close look at your brake cable and housing. Also look in the brake arms
and sping to see if there is anything that needs cleaning. If you
lubricate, do so sparingly and wipe off anything that stays external.

--

If single pivot calipers with a rotational spring, try oiling the interface
between the spring and the caliper.

news:[email protected]...