Brad McGee

Tom Kunich

Guest
Is it just my imagination or is Brad beginning to take on some
important characteristics of Larent Jalabert? I wonder if this guy
ain't going to start winning polkadots.

[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Is it just my imagination or is Brad beginning to take on some
> important characteristics of Larent Jalabert? I wonder if this guy
> ain't going to start winning polkadots.

I think he's got higher (no pun intended) ambitions.

[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Is it just my imagination or is Brad beginning to take on some
> important characteristics of Larent Jalabert? I wonder if this guy
> ain't going to start winning polkadots.

Have some perspective. This is the Giro, not the Tour.

[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Is it just my imagination or is Brad beginning to take on some
> important characteristics of Larent Jalabert? I wonder if this guy
> ain't going to start winning polkadots.

What, extactly, do you mean? Granted he's looking impressive in the
Giro, but he's yet to go on a long solo on a hilly day in pursuit of
mountain points.

otto wrote:
> [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Is it just my imagination or is Brad beginning to take on some
>>important characteristics of Larent Jalabert? I wonder if this guy
>>ain't going to start winning polkadots.

> What, extactly, do you mean? Granted he's looking impressive in the
> Giro, but he's yet to go on a long solo on a hilly day in pursuit of
> mountain points.

That was very late Jalabert. The Jalabert of 1995-2000 showed himself to be
a threat for GC in the big tours, more in the Vuelta than France, but
still in France was a factor.

"Dan Connelly" <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@i_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> otto wrote:
> > [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> >>Is it just my imagination or is Brad beginning to take on some
> >>important characteristics of Larent Jalabert? I wonder if this guy
> >>ain't going to start winning polkadots.

> > What, extactly, do you mean? Granted he's looking impressive in the
> > Giro, but he's yet to go on a long solo on a hilly day in pursuit of
> > mountain points.

> That was very late Jalabert. The Jalabert of 1995-2000 showed himself to

be
> a threat for GC in the big tours, more in the Vuelta than France, but
> still in France was a factor.

Brad seems to be changing from someone that wanted to be either a sprinter
without a sprint (Hardly Aussie at all in that case) or a rolleur without a
long breakaway.

Now he seems to be changing into a GC guy before our very eyes.

[email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Is it just my imagination or is Brad beginning to take on some
> important characteristics of Larent Jalabert? I wonder if this guy
> ain't going to start winning polkadots.

Wowwow now, take it easy.