Hunter36 looking for a new home

Frank A.

Guest
Well, I've made my decision. I'm ready to begin a new project and this
will help to finance it. As my forum friend Scott Wallis so aptly put
it, I'll be riding "lower and slower" from now on. At least as far as my
uni's go.
This is actually the first 36" frame that Rick Hunter built. I've had
it for a while. It's great fun but I never spent as much time on it as I
thought I would. I took a few long distance rides but that's really not
my passion. I love to ride in the woods, specifically singletrack. I'm a
MUni guy and there's only so many hours in the day. (My love of
singletrack got me in trouble as far as Cokers go but that's another
story.)
There's only about 100 miles on this cycle, it's really in great
condition.
If you've been thinking about a custom Coker, here's a chance to save
a few hundred bucks and avoid a long wait for a custom frame.
I don't mind answering any questions anyone has in this thread but a
PM may be better.
I've set up a Gallery that explains the set-up.

Here's the link:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album102

Thanks,
- Frank

--
Frank A. - off-everything

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

It will obviously make things much easier for everyone if I posted the
asking price here. I'm asking 650.00 plus shipping.
I'll be shipping from Ft.Lauderdale, Fl. Due to the size of the box
needed it would be the same price whether I shipped across the country
or accross the state. Going UPS ground this will be considered an
"oversized" package. I've shipped bikes across the country and it's been
right around $40. I imagine this would be about the same cost.
This should satisfy the tire kickers curiousity and help those out
who are potential buyers.
PM if you're interested. Thanks.
- Frank

--
Frank A. - off-everything

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

Great looking 36" Hunter FrankA. For anyone in the market for a Coker,
this will be a hard one to pass on.

Somebody is going to end up with a great ride. I love the look of the
hunter frames. BTW, how's your injury healing?

For the record, I have bought from FrankA. He will deliver exactly what
he promises. --chirokid--

--
chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

so that has the super duper wheelset right? and how long are you willing
to wait for payment, because I would love to buy it but I only have 65
bucks at the moment and it might take me a few months to save up 700.

--
Ender - member of the Hell on Wheel gang
Ender's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3721

The shipping may be more than that, so be prepared. The last full Coker
I shipped cross-country (CT to WA) as two boxes cost about $100 total to
ship, and that was with Fedex, quite a bit cheaper than UPS was.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

U-Turn wrote:
> *The shipping may be more than that, so be prepared. The last full
> Coker I shipped cross-country (CT to WA) as two boxes cost about $100
> total to ship, and that was with Fedex, quite a bit cheaper than UPS
> was. *

Dave,
When Rick Hunter built this frame he needed the wheel as he had never
built a 36" frame before. I had Amy from Uni.com ship the wheelset (tire
and cranks installed) to Rick in Cali and it cost me just under $40 UPS
ground. So I don't know why you had to pay nearly $100.
The box your super wide Coker wheel needs is wider than what would be
needed for this one, not sure how much difference it would be but as I
said, I've shipped complete bicycles cross country and it was only $40.

At any rate it's not too hard to figure out shipping costs via UPS.
Their website has a cost calculation feature based on zip codes.

- Frank

--
Frank A. - off-everything

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

What a shame that I know someone who just had Hunter build one of those
recently. But he only replaced the frame.

Hunter's frame is much stronger than the chromoly frame that I have on
the unibago, which I paid more for.

I recommend the H36 for anyone looking for a solid and smooth ride.

--
scot - cyclops eating bike

stick with what works

scot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/992

I've taken a few laps on Frank's Coker. It's a beautiful piece of
machinery and extremely fast. Hell, I even took one good UPD on it.
Frank is an awesome guy for the people who have yet to deal with him. I
can't wait until he sells this and starts his new project. :)
See you at the trails soon Frank.

--
AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

If I had a signature, would you forge it?
AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541

Frank A. wrote:
> *
>
> Dave,
> When Rick Hunter built this frame he needed the wheel as he had
> never built a 36" frame before. I had Amy from Uni.com ship the
> wheelset (tire and cranks installed) to Rick in Cali and it cost me
> just under $40 UPS ground. So I don't know why you had to pay nearly
> $100.
> The box your super wide Coker wheel needs is wider than what would
> be needed for this one, not sure how much difference it would be but
> as I said, I've shipped complete bicycles cross country and it was
> only $40.
> At any rate it's not too hard to figure out shipping costs via UPS.
> Their website has a cost calculation feature based on zip codes.
>
> - Frank *

I have recently shipped super wheels to Cali also and they went at about
$30 or a little above each. So Washington was a lot more than
California. Perhaps also uni.com has more volume and can get business
rates. All I was trying to say was to be prepared for unexpected
shipping expenses.

BTW Your uni looks like a fantastic deal and I hope a really keen rider
(or set of riders) gets it.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

I think U-Turn has been hitting the pipe hard again.
There's no way it will cost that much to ship the Coker.
Don't let the shipping costs play a role in purchasing this machine.
This is one of the only times you will ever have this opportunity.
I agree with Frank and jagur.. $40-$60 seems right on the money (except
for overseas)

--
AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

If I had a signature, would you forge it?
AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541

It's a beauty. I wish I could take it off your hands, but I should
probably keep myself lower and slower for a while also.

Heal well.
Scott

--
S_Wallis - Back in the saddle

"I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso
S_Wallis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1520