No eyelets for rack

dcg

Guest
I have an 80's Guerciotti. The frame doesn't have eyelets and I'd
like to fasten a front and rear rack to it for carrying groceries,
beer, etc...

It seems all I would need to replace the eyelets would be a washer
welded to an eyelet that I could put on the axle and hold into place
with the quick release.

Does anyone make such a thing? Are there other ways of putting
eyelets on a frame that wasn't built with them?

Thanks for your help.

dcg

dcg wrote:

> I have an 80's Guerciotti. The frame doesn't have eyelets and I'd
> like to fasten a front and rear rack to it for carrying groceries,
> beer, etc...
>
> It seems all I would need to replace the eyelets would be a washer
> welded to an eyelet that I could put on the axle and hold into place
> with the quick release.
>
> Does anyone make such a thing? Are there other ways of putting
> eyelets on a frame that wasn't built with them?

Go to a hardware store and look for little 'P' shaped clips that
will clamp around the seatstays of your frame. Either get some
that are vinyl coated or cut up an old inner tube to protect the
paint.

>I have an 80's Guerciotti. The frame doesn't have eyelets and I'd
>like to fasten a front and rear rack to it for carrying groceries,
>beer, etc...

Use Audel or, as they're called in the bike business, P clamps. but you won't
be happy with the results. I'm afraid your Guerciotti will make a very poor
load carrier.
Phil Brown