Vino's Cradle Rocking

While Seated

Guest
At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen this
before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?

"While Seated" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen
> this before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?

World Cup '96? :) Bebeto celebrated after scoring (rather unfairly) against The Netherlands.

[email protected] (While Seated) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen
> this before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?

When Neil Stephens got his stage win; I forget what year.

- Boyd S.

"While Seated" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen
> this before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?

Neil Stephens, stage 17 TdF, 1997 Bo Hamburger, Fleche Wallone, 1998

I'm not sure but I think the italian Capucci used to do it

news:[email protected]...

Thach H Nguyen <e5oteric@yahoo!.com> wrote:

> "While Seated" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen
>> this before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?

> World Cup '96? :) Bebeto celebrated after scoring (rather unfairly) against The Netherlands.

94: Later after Brazil had beaten It'ly, Roberto Conti used the gesture riding to the finish of the
Alpe. Bebeto had originally used it to celebrate his newborn child after scoring.

While Seated wrote:
> At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen
> this before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?

As someone has already said it was Neil Stephens riding for Festina.

Vino said after the stage it was for his twin babies.

Jan

---

"Francis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm not sure but I think the italian Capucci used to do it
>
> "While Seated" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
> news:[email protected]...
> > At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen
> > this before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?

Vino was honoring the "twins". His wife recently gave birth to twin boys this year.

OMC

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:48:56 GMT, "Thach H Nguyen" <e5oteric@yahoo!.com> wrote:

>"While Seated" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> At the end of today's stage, Vino "rocked the cradle" as part of his victory salute. I've seen
>> this before in the Tour, I think -- anyone out there recall when?
>
>World Cup '96? :) Bebeto celebrated after scoring (rather unfairly) against The Netherlands.

'94 WC - USA. See http://www.geocities.com/ashamir2/bebeto.htm

Regards! Stephen