Tour of Germany - Ulrich to miss out on another Tour victory ?

The Nottingham Duck

Guest
Looks like Ulle's 'procession' to the finish line in Berlin isn't
going to materialise.After getting dropped by Leipheimer on the
2670 metres " Rettenbachferner" climb today it looks like cycling
post-Lance ain't the one-horse race some expected.
But could this Tour also provide the Yanks with a successor to the
Texican ?Leipheimer said that today's climb was harder than anything
the TdF had to offer,and the way he dropped Ullrich was very
reminiscent of Tex.He's one to keep an eye on,and his missuss is
pretty tasty too.

Coverage of the Tour of Germany is to be found on German satellite
station ARD between 12p.m. and 3.30 p.m. (bst)

"The Nottingham Duck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looks like Ulle's 'procession' to the finish line in Berlin isn't
> going to materialise.

Ah, but I would have thought that Levi needs a few more seconds over der
Kaiser to have a gap for the time trial.

I would love to see Cadel Evans win, but again, the time trial should put
stop to that.

Simon
www.simonpaddon.com

"The Nottingham Duck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looks like Ulle's 'procession' to the finish line in Berlin isn't
> going to materialise.After getting dropped by Leipheimer on the
> 2670 metres " Rettenbachferner" climb today it looks like cycling
> post-Lance ain't the one-horse race some expected.
> But could this Tour also provide the Yanks with a successor to the
> Texican ?Leipheimer said that today's climb was harder than anything
> the TdF had to offer,and the way he dropped Ullrich was very
> reminiscent of Tex.He's one to keep an eye on,and his missuss is
> pretty tasty too.
>
> Coverage of the Tour of Germany is to be found on German satellite
> station ARD between 12p.m. and 3.30 p.m. (bst)

It was a very steep climb - not Ullrichs speciality.
Ullrich can take back the time lost easily in the TT.

I think we also have to remember that Jan is still recovering from a cold
that he recently picked up.