Friggin tool.

From: TritonRider ([email protected]) Subject: Re: USAC blows it again

View this article only Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing Date: 2003-09-05 03:52:15 PST

>From: "Sam" [email protected] Neither athlete had that testing done. Blame the trade
>team, but
ultimately
>the fault lies with the athletes.
>
>UCI is clear in that it is the trade team's responsibility along with
the
>individual's responsibility to comply with the rules. Do not lay
this at
>the feet of USAC. In this instance you do not have a clue.

No I am not very familiar with the selection procedures, but with the tight budgets etc. you'd
think the USAC would check to make sure that the athletes they were sending were at least eligible.
I know I sure as hell would before spending the money. Maybe it's having been military for a long
time, but before you go anywhere for anything there is a checklist of things needed before you go.
Medical, shots, pasport, other documents as needed etc. I think failing to do this before you put
them on a plane is pretty weak. Bill C

>From: [email protected] (Hyllus)

>After making a patently false accusation and getting all the facts wrong, most people would shut
>their pie hole...but not you. If your first arguement doesn't work, just change it.
>
>Friggin tool.

I haven't changed my argument in any way. USAC says we have to do the grass roots. They will
oversee international & development. I don't see where leaving individual athletes to figure out
what they need to do to meet UCI rules at some future date, if they get selected for something is
a good thing. If thinking that they should at least oversee, help prepare, and guide our national
team reps through the UCI hoops is wrong, Iguess I am an idiot tool. Bill C

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> >From: [email protected] (Hyllus)
>
> >After making a patently false accusation and getting all the facts
> >wrong, most people would shut their pie hole...but not you. If your first arguement doesn't work,
> >just change it.
> >
> >Friggin tool.
>
> I haven't changed my argument in any way. USAC says we have to do the grass roots. They will
> oversee international & development. I don't see where leaving individual athletes to figure out
> what they need to do to meet UCI rules at some future date, if they get selected for something
> is a good thing. If thinking that they should at least oversee, help prepare, and guide our
> national team reps through the UCI hoops is wrong, Iguess I am an idiot tool. Bill C

You might think that helping riders who stand a chance at having a good performance in a future
UCI event to be prepared for the possibility of going to that UCI event would benefit USAC in the
long run, wouldn't you? I guess USAC doesn't see it that way.

--
tanx, Howard

"Head of a cat, body of a monkey, Here comes a plague upon the land." The Billy Nayer Show

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?