perfect boiled eggs

Mary

Guest
For many years I have used a method of hard-boiling eggs that was
published by a group of egg producers, and it works perfectly every
time! Put eggs into a pan and cover them with cold water, with about
an inch of water over the tops of the eggs. Put the pan on the stove
and bring the water to a boil. Now, turn OFF the stove, cover the pan,
and leave it covered, on the burner, for 20 to 30 minutes. That's it!
The eggs won't crack or turn colors or get rubbery. Peel and enjoy!

Great tip, Mary. Perhaps you can help me with this. I have noticed that
there are a lot of men on this site; however, my question is aimed at
women...single women. Since there isn't a "forum" for "love" food I need
the single women out there to email me at [email protected] and let me know
what they would like a man to cook for them when entertaining...and, of
course, any other helpful hints you might be able to offer in that
direction. I have cooked most of my life and, being from the Deep South,
have never been concerned about it being a masculine trait since most of
the men down here cook and like to eat good food. Help me...please.

"Mary" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> For many years I have used a method of hard-boiling eggs that was
> published by a group of egg producers, and it works perfectly every
> time! Put eggs into a pan and cover them with cold water, with about
> an inch of water over the tops of the eggs. Put the pan on the stove
> and bring the water to a boil. Now, turn OFF the stove, cover the pan,
> and leave it covered, on the burner, for 20 to 30 minutes. That's it!
> The eggs won't crack or turn colors or get rubbery. Peel and enjoy!

I use this method all of the time. I still got clumps of egg white when I
peeled them. It's taken me 2 years to realize one does not need to
pulverize the shell. I just gently crack the shell on a couple of sides of
the egg and huge chunks of shell peel off without any of the boiled white
sticking to the shell. Last dozen eggs I boiled I only screwed up one egg.
Not bad for a slow learner ;)

Michael

--
Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
Hoot about to ****** the snack out of my mouth:

Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

Mary wrote:
> For many years I have used a method of hard-boiling eggs that was
> published by a group of egg producers, and it works perfectly every
> time! Put eggs into a pan and cover them with cold water, with about
> an inch of water over the tops of the eggs. Put the pan on the stove
> and bring the water to a boil. Now, turn OFF the stove, cover the pan,
> and leave it covered, on the burner, for 20 to 30 minutes. That's it!
> The eggs won't crack or turn colors or get rubbery. Peel and enjoy!

I do exactly that, but then I drain the water and kinda slam the eggs
around in the pot to crack them, add ice and water for a 30 minute ice
bath...then peel.
However...the only surefire way I've found to guarantee hassle free
peeling is old eggs. Try it. Buy a dozen eggs and keep them at least a
week...two is better. Then buy a new dozen and do a side buy side
test...you'll be amazed.
And to ward off any paranoids...if a egg isn't cracked, and is kept
refrigerated, it'll dehydrate to nothingness before it goes bad.

Bubba
--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?