Trials vs. Street

trials: trying to get over/ ride obsticals (manmade or natral) using
hops riding etc.
Street: puting freestyle tricks into street trials settings

--
Radical Reed

"I'm sorta like a super hero, exsept I don't have any powers or
motivation"
'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'LBS' (http://www.mbps.ca/)

kapoute wrote:
> bike always broke... it's gay
> Since you live in Ontario... it's ok that it's gay

Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

Muni is mountain or offroad unicycling. Trials is mainly getting over
obstacles, riding skinnies and that stuff. Street is more like street
skateboarding, griding rails, tricks down stair sets, flip tricks...

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
maxisback wrote:
> yeh i kill ppl for a living

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Street:The object is to do a wide variety of tricks with lots of
variations, an example would be jump+ 360 over some stairs, off a
ledge, etc.

Trials: The object is to get up and/or over obstacles, such as jumping
'up' ledges, benches, and so on.

Muni: riding through woods, mountains, any type of rough terrain were
you can roll over obstacles without having to do much hopping as in
trials. Obstacles in Muni tend to be placed on downhill trails, so you
drop down them, and so.

--
forrestunifreak

If I had a signature, it would look something like this.
*'My gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
(http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
Unicycle for Christ
*Banana's for Jesus!*

Aaron Egan wrote:
> yeah but the point of muni is like to get over and around stuff (like
> trials), but off-road, isn't it?

ya, but in a completely natural enviroment and is usally done on a 24
inch wheel. and its no so much over stuff as it is have fun riding over
stuff aand riding down steep stuff and such....

--
JJtheunicycle
JJtheunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12224

Keep in mind that M-uni contains trials riding.
Trials came from motorcycle riders who focused on an element of
cross-country riding.
Likewise, bike trials came from bmx/mountain biking.
In turn, unicycle trials, I'm pretty sure, came after rough terrain
riding.

In a nutshell, a "complete" m-uni ride includes everything from trials
and cross-country riding.
Moreover, it does not have to be in "a natural setting". Typically, it
simply requires some rough terrain (like the streets and sidewalks in
Houston :rolleyes: )

--
ChangingLINKS.com

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Aaron Egan wrote:
> What's the diffrence between Trails and Street?

Trails are normally used for walking on. (edit: dang it, maestro beat
me to it)

I've always thought the main difference between street and trials is
that street is more focused on doing a flashy line, while trials is
doing it as technically-advanced as possible. Is this right?

--
monkeyman

Alex, MR addict.

Into the blue wrote:
> Now when are you going to change your damn sig? :D

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

In my opinion: Trials is static most of the time and Muni is
kinetic(moving) most of the time,

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'And the Spline Maintenance Guide!'

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*