2007 Dx!!!!

onewheelinwierdo

Guest
I ordered a 2006 DX and I actualy got a 2007!:):D:cool:
Here's a picture of the new reinforced frame (the ring at the base of
the seat tube):[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/C:\Documents and Settings\Tim\Desktop]

|Filename: Torker-DX.jpg |

onewheelinwierdo

><>Unicycle For Christ<><

onewheelinwierdo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13514

Probably from the slight angle of how the picture was took.

A lot of people complain about how there is too much clearence, but
that shouldnt matter at all because its a trials uni. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
$0/$499

Jerrick wrote:
> Probably from the slight angle of how the picture was took.
>
> A lot of people complain about how there is too much clearence, but
> that shouldnt matter at all because its a trials uni. =p

My friend has a Norco M-Uni 20", and his tire is off center about 1/8"
due to the wheel builder not perfectly truing it... he rides my Uni
with the nice straight wheel and he turns to one side all the time
because of his wheel :(

--
Borgschulze

Spare some change for a new unicycle?
Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501

Jerrick wrote:
> Probably from the slight angle of how the picture was took.
>
> A lot of people complain about how there is too much clearence, but
> that shouldnt matter at all because its a trials uni. =p

But people use trials unis for street and sometimes that includes
freestyle kind of stuff. It also would suck more for trials with a
higher crown because it would hit your knees easier.

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
maxisback wrote:
> yeh i kill ppl for a living

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> But people use trials unis for street and sometimes that includes
> freestyle kind of stuff. It also would suck more for trials with a
> higher crown because it would hit your knees easier.

Thats true, but the clearance isnt much of an issue unless your gliding
or doing standup tricks really.

Im not sure about hitting the knees though, cause I have never done it
on any of the unis I have rode on, neither have my friends. I can see
how it can happen easier with a higher crown, but simple adjustments is
all you need to make sure your knees dont get hit.

> My friend has a Norco M-Uni 20", and his tire is off center about 1/8"
> due to the wheel builder not perfectly truing it... he rides my Uni
> with the nice straight wheel and he turns to one side all the time
> because of his wheel

That sucks. One time I had to use a really small tube for my tire until
I had a good replacement, but the tube was deformed and would be off
centered now matter what I did, so it just made my whole uni lean to
one side, so I had to lean to the right to counter it. It even happened
if I barely pushed it with my hand, you would feel it being pulled to
the left.

--

Borgschulze wrote:
> Why does the wheel look off center?

accually, i got mine tuesday, and it also looks off center just
slightly.
there is also some CRAZY tire clearence. i cant stand up ww any more..

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

Unitik908 wrote:
> accually, i got mine tuesday, and it also looks off center just
> slightly.
> there is also some CRAZY tire clearence. i cant stand up ww any more..
>
> Chase

Odd, I laced my wheel and it's only off center where the rim has dents
in it :D

Old crappy BMX rim I laced onto the Uni hub, it came with no rim,
spokes, or tire.

--
Borgschulze

Spare some change for a new unicycle?
Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501

i don't think they call it a "2007". they just changed the crappy frame
that came with it originally.

--
boo radley

"no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

gordito8me wrote:
> ya i just got the dx 24 in. for muni and the crown is too high up for me
> to just fool around and do wheel walks and stuff. also when i go one
> footed i just stick my foot out to the side instead of on the crown. oh
> well.

I did that even with the frame that had less clearance, it just takes
practice. When you are pulling your foot up pull it up to the point
where it feels excessively high and it will be in the right spot. Keep
doing that and you will get used to it and it will come naturally.

--
Brian O.

gordito8me wrote:
> ya i just got the dx 24 in. for muni and the crown is too high up for me
> to just fool around and do wheel walks and stuff. also when i go one
> footed i just stick my foot out to the side instead of on the crown. oh
> well.

You dont need the frame when doing a WW. Both feet are on the tire and
dont go up onto the frame.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) KH Funds =
$50/$499

Borgschulze wrote:
> My friend has a Norco M-Uni 20", and his tire is off center about 1/8"
> due to the wheel builder not perfectly truing it... he rides my Uni
> with the nice straight wheel and he turns to one side all the time
> because of his wheel :(

It could be the frame that is off center and not the wheel. Flip the
wheel around in the frame. If the wheel leans to the same side then
it's the frame and not the wheel.

There are also spacers on the hub to position the bearings. Make sure
the spacers are the same on both sides of the hub and that the bearings
are pressed snug against the spacers. If there is an extra spacer or
something between the hub body and the bearing then the wheel is going
to be off center. Not likely that is the problem, but it's worth
checking. You'll have to pull the cranks and bearings off the hub to
check.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

john_childs wrote:
> It could be the frame that is off center and not the wheel. Flip the
> wheel around in the frame. If the wheel leans to the same side then
> it's the frame and not the wheel.
>
> There are also spacers on the hub to position the bearings. Make sure
> the spacers are the same on both sides of the hub and that the bearings
> are pressed snug against the spacers. If there is an extra spacer or
> something between the hub body and the bearing then the wheel is going
> to be off center. Not likely that is the problem, but it's worth
> checking. You'll have to pull the cranks and bearings off the hub to
> check.

I'll keep that in mind.

--

gordito8me wrote:
> ya i just got the dx 24 in. for muni and the crown is too high up for me
> to just fool around and do wheel walks and stuff. also when i go one
> footed i just stick my foot out to the side instead of on the crown. oh
> well.

When I first tried to onefoot this thing, I was surprised at how easy
it was compared to my brother's LX. I saw the exsessive frame clearance
but it doesn't effect my one footing.

--
onewheelinwierdo