Granola Cereal

BlueBrooke

Guest
The cereal thread got me to thinking about the granola recipe in one
of Dana Carpender's books -- my son loves that stuff. It's pretty
expensive to make, but a little goes a long way.

I can't find my book, and my son's asking me to make it for him again.
Does anyone have the recipe? I think it was in her first "500
Low-Carb Recipes" book.

--
BlueBrooke
254/234/135

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:19:17 -0500, BlueBrooke <.@.> wrote:

>The cereal thread got me to thinking about the granola recipe in one
>of Dana Carpender's books -- my son loves that stuff. It's pretty
>expensive to make, but a little goes a long way.
>
>I can't find my book, and my son's asking me to make it for him again.
>Does anyone have the recipe? I think it was in her first "500
>Low-Carb Recipes" book.

I'm still looking for this -- does no one have this book?

--
BlueBrooke
254/233/135

Sorry, I was going to look and forgot about it, is this it?

Granola

This isn't super low in carbs, and it's really more for eating during
maintenance than during weight loss. But it's far lower in carbs that
standard granola, high in protein, very filling, and best of all, it tastes
like real cereal!

2-1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup sesame seeds
2/3 cup wheat germ
3/4 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup flaxseeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup Splenda
3/4 cup vanilla flavored whey protein powder
1/4 teasoon blackstrap molasses
1/2 cup canola oil

1. Preheat the oven to 250º F.

2. In a large, shallow roasting pan, combine the rolled oats, sunflowers
seeds, sesame seeds, wheat germ, coconut, walnuts, almonds, wheat bran,
flaxseeds, cinnamon, Splenda and protein powder, mixing them well.

3. Stir the molasses into the canola oil; it won't really blend with it,
but it will help the molasses get distributed evenly. Pour the mixture over
the dry ingredients and stir until it's uniformly distributed.

4. Place in the oven and toast for an hour, stirring once or twice. Store
in a tightly covered container. Serve topped with cream or half-and-half.

Yield: Makes about 16 servings of 1/2 cup, each with 21.8 grams of
carbohydrate and 6 grams of fiber, for a total of 15.8 grams of usable carbs
and 11.6 grams of protein.

BlueBrooke wrote:
| On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:19:17 -0500, BlueBrooke <.@.> wrote:
|
|| The cereal thread got me to thinking about the granola recipe in one
|| of Dana Carpender's books -- my son loves that stuff. It's pretty
|| expensive to make, but a little goes a long way.
|| I can't find my book, and my son's asking me to make it for him
|| again. Does anyone have the recipe? I think it was in her first "500
|| Low-Carb Recipes" book.
|

| I'm still looking for this -- does no one have this book?

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:06:31 -0400, "FOB"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorry, I was going to look and forgot about it, is this it?

Yup -- that's it! Thanks so much -- my kid loves this stuff and I
don't feel guilty about letting him eat it. ;-)

And, as things usually, work, this will probably help me find my copy
of the book, too! Thanks!