Video competition(yes it belongs here after much thought)

skrobo

Guest
ok, so here it is, its a new competition, much like the back it up
thread, but we are running 3 competitions at once here.

Up stairs

Down Stairs

Long jump.

You can join at any point, but to keep it interesting, I'll start it
out at 1 stair up/down and a 2 foot gap. I want to see everything done
by the end, so here are the rules

1 stair at a time up or down. ... say the person in front jumps a 4...
you can jump a BIGGER 4 or a 5.

distance hops must be 1 foot longer until we hit 7 feet. then they can
be 6" until we hit 9 feet, then it will be 1/2" increments... just to
get a crazy jump as a winner. must be curb to pallet or measured gap.
please measure correctly... no "triangular" measuring... you are
measuring a straight distance.

winner must post 2 different stairsets/gaps to be the official winner

"competitors" have one day after calling the shot, and can be beaten
out, but still post their video for egotistical reasons.

thats all, best of luck to everyone and i hope we break some records
:D

A few missing thoughts ... no beating distance hops by more than 6"
after 7 feet. to make it last

please post the top of each category at the end of your post so its
easy to keep up with.

have at it!!
-skrobo-

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

Isn't it okay for people to jump stick-to-stick, like in the IUF rules?
Set up your shot from the side so both sticks are visible, then it
should be easy to see if either stick moved during the jump. Then bring
out the measuring tape in a single shot!

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

I don't like the idea of sticks for measuring. It means that you have to
take off earlier and land further to not hit the sticks. I can't think
of any trials lines that would require two sticks. Curb to pallet seems
the most accurate way to measure gaps.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
> Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com

I will call you out after you hit that 1-stair. So count me a the
2-stair jumper. Dun dun dunnnn!!

This will be fun once the chit chat dies and the videos come up.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

count me in then to do the three steps after Jerrick.

--
Det-riot

Ducttape wrote:
> sounds like he toook a feild trip to jail.... DON'T DROP THE SOAP
> DUDE!!!

KOXX-ONE* DOES NOT* SUCK!!!!
'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'1000th Post' (http://tinyurl.com/33shzt)
_*UNICYCLE_FOR_DONUTS!!!!*_
http://www.usenet.com

Det-riot wrote:
> count me in then to do the three steps after Jerrick.

you can do 1 ...
lol throw some tricks in there too...
lol
I might do a 3ft gap 360 for example...

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

I'll be in until we hit the 7 set mark :)

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist
AIM: Guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla

http://www.usenet.com

Chexjc wrote:
> I'll be in until we hit the 7 set mark :)

Oh come on until we hit 19 stairs it isn't even worth getting the
camera out ;)

--
Joe2005

nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
dinosaurs. -ivan
http://www.usenet.com

depending on how my knees are, I might go for a 10.

i think we should add a 180 constest in too.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

mmmm, napalm

http://www.usenet.com

Danni wrote:
> Curb to pallet seems *a more dangerous* way to measure gaps.

FTFY

With sticks, one is on the ground for take-off and landing.

Landing a bit gap onto a pallet, you're not guaranteed that the pallet
will stay in place. Should that pallet skitter out from underneath
you, you're looking at a hard landing onto your backside, hip, elbow,
wrist, what-have-you.

Just my two cents...

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire
http://www.usenet.com

maestro8 wrote:
> FTFY
>
> With sticks, one is on the ground for take-off and landing.
>
> Landing a bit gap onto a pallet, you're not guaranteed that the pallet
> will stay in place. Should that pallet skitter out from underneath
> you, you're looking at a hard landing onto your backside, hip, elbow,
> wrist, what-have-you.
>
> Just my two cents...

you usually land with enough downforce to hold a WOODEN pallet in
place.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

Im kinda confused... I wanna make a video for the contest, but what
excactly am i making a video of? :confused:

--
NKahler

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.usenet.com

long jump, jumping up as many stairs as you can. And jump as many
stairs down as you can.

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner wrote:
> long jump, jumping up as many stairs as you can. And jump as many
> stairs down as you can.

mmmk... I can jump like.... 6-7 feet, is that good enough to make a
video? :(

--
NKahler

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.usenet.com

i would say so, i would for sure

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

I'm in for rolling hop up 5 stairs, and probably 6 if people keep on
going and if I can find one that is possible. I won't enter the
competition for jumping down stairs, because the biggest set I have is
only a ten (actually there are two, one that every one saw in Loading
in Progress (I'm not going to do it again, it was just suicide with
that run up) and the other one is on a private terrain (and I'm not a
bad boy...and the run up is 2 revs only)). After ten, there's 25 or
something, and I mean, I looked all over my (small, but still) country
(I didn't ride everywhere, but close :rolleyes: )

And Miles, what did you mean when you said 180 ? Did you mean over a
gap, or down sets ? If you meant down sets, I'm up for that too. How
about 360 ? It's time to break that 8 stairs record !

-Hugo-

--
Hugo_Duguay

"Unicycling is like masturbation, you just can't stop doing it !"

-Julien Renaud

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner wrote:
> i would say so, i would for sure

K, Ill try to find a good place to measure it :D

--
NKahler

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.usenet.com

no, keep it small to start off, for 2 reasons, to give newbs a chance
and to make the contest last longer and have a little more flare.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

is anyone going to post a video, i want to see some stair sets (dont ask
me to cause my camera is broken)

--
cool-bananas

Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will
still be ugly.
-Winston Churchill -
http://www.usenet.com

Im waiting for Skro to get his one stair stuff done, so I can post my
most amazing and insanely hard 2-set.