Poisoned Coffee (OT unless you really love coffee! LOL)

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:02:08 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Employee charged with 1st degree murder after poisoning supervisor's coffee.
> Allegedly she was "mean" to him.

There's a big difference between attempted and outright murder.
You oughta be a reporter.

-sw

Johnny Holmes wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:02:08 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Employee charged with 1st degree murder after poisoning supervisor's
>> coffee. Allegedly she was "mean" to him.

> There's a big difference between attempted and outright murder.
> You oughta be a reporter.
>
> -sw

Doesn't seem to matter, Stevie. They are holding him on a $250,000 bond
which he can't make. And he was caught in the act of poisoning her coffee,
so what's your point? She was "mean" to him? Gee, isn't that too bad? He
still tried to kill her, or at the very least make her violently ill. And
your point is...?

Jill

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Johnny Holmes wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:02:08 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Employee charged with 1st degree murder after poisoning
>>> supervisor's coffee. Allegedly she was "mean" to him.

>> There's a big difference between attempted and outright
>> murder. You oughta be a reporter.

> Doesn't seem to matter, Stevie. They are holding him on a
> $250,000 bond which he can't make. And he was caught in
> the act of poisoning her coffee, so what's your point? She
> was "mean" to him? Gee, isn't that too bad? He still
> tried to kill her, or at the very least make her violently
> ill. And your point is...?

that he couldn't have been charged with first degree murder.
she's not dead as he was "caught in the act of putting poison
in her coffee". the best they can do & have the charge stick
would be attempted murder. it's not murder until you have a
body.
since he can't make bond, jail time served while waiting for
a trial will most likely be deducted from any sentence he
receives, if he's convicted... if they actually try to charge
him with first degree murder, the case will get tossed.
*that's* what the point is.
lee

--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be

enigma wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> Johnny Holmes wrote:

>>> There's a big difference between attempted and outright
>>> murder. You oughta be a reporter.

>> Doesn't seem to matter, Stevie. They are holding him on a
>> $250,000 bond which he can't make. And he was caught in
>> the act of poisoning her coffee, so what's your point? She
>> was "mean" to him? Gee, isn't that too bad? He still
>> tried to kill her, or at the very least make her violently
>> ill. And your point is...?

> that he couldn't have been charged with first degree murder.
> she's not dead as he was "caught in the act of putting poison
> in her coffee". the best they can do & have the charge stick
> would be attempted murder. it's not murder until you have a
> body.
> since he can't make bond, jail time served while waiting for
> a trial will most likely be deducted from any sentence he
> receives, if he's convicted... if they actually try to charge
> him with first degree murder, the case will get tossed.
> *that's* what the point is.
> lee

Listen to the video. He's being held on charges of *attempted* first degree
murder. I'm not a news reporter; I posted a link to the news report. It's
attempted murder.

Jill

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:47:46 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Johnny Holmes wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:02:08 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Employee charged with 1st degree murder after poisoning supervisor's
>>> coffee. Allegedly she was "mean" to him.

>> There's a big difference between attempted and outright murder.

> Doesn't seem to matter, Stevie.

The sure the victim would think differently.

> And your point is...?

Duh. I think it's obvious.

-sw

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Listen to the video. He's being held on charges of
> *attempted* first degree murder. I'm not a news reporter;
> I posted a link to the news report. It's attempted murder.

which is different than first degree murder...
anyway, it's Fox News so it's not surprising they screwed it up.
news for the lowest common denomenator :(
lee