Can a dumbass make a difference? Symmetrics Update

steephill

Guest
Re: last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
of California? (thread url: http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
Georgia:
http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symmetrics-getting-hosed/#update

Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
once in awhile?

In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
long-term prospects.

Steve
www.steephill.tv

On Mar 13, 9:16 pm, steephill <[email protected]> wrote:
> Re: last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
> of California? (thread url:http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)
>
> It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
> owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
> Georgia:http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symmetrics-getting-hosed/#update
>
> Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
> had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
> once in awhile?
>
> In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
> long-term prospects.
>
> Stevewww.steephill.tv

I don't see how getting hosed and then getting an invite is a
coincidence.
If you did have something to do with it, it's definitely not a
coincidence.

steephill wrote:
> Re: last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
> of California? (thread url: http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)
>
> It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
> owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
> Georgia:
> http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symmetrics-getting-hosed/#update
>
> Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
> had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
> once in awhile?
>
> In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
> long-term prospects.

Dumbass,

Last year the TofG had 5 Pro Tour teams. Jittery F Joes got
a start.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/apr07/georgia07/?id=startlist

This year's TofC had 9 Pro Tour teams on the start line.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/feb08/california08/?id=startlist

The TofG only has 4 Pro Tour teams showing up this year. They
aren't in the position to negotiate appearances from the teams
no one cares about like the TofC is.

Will Symmetrics be knocking heads with Rock Racing at Superweek?
Probably depends on whether going to Georgia wipes out their
budget.

Bob Schwartz

steephill wrote:
> Re: last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
> of California? (thread url: http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)
>
> It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
> owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
> Georgia:
> http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symmetrics-getting-hosed/#update
>
> Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
> had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
> once in awhile?
>
> In any case, it's great news for the team's financial health and their
> long-term prospects.

Good news for sure, but it's not the first time they've ridden Georgia.

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> Will Symmetrics be knocking heads with Rock Racing at Superweek?

Probably not, but they will knock heads with Tyler, Oscar Sevilla, and the
rest of Rock Racing at San Dimas and Redlands in a couple weeks.

Mark
http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

> Good news for sure, but it's not the first time they've ridden Georgia.

Yes, they were there in '05, but not '06 or '07. With their
eligibility uncertainity in U.S. events, I assume they are relieved to
get into the Tour de Georgia especially from a financial/sponsorship
standpoint.

Steve
www.steephill.tv

> Last year the TofG had 5 Pro Tour teams.
> This year's TofC had 9 Pro Tour teams on the start line.
> The TofG only has 4 Pro Tour teams showing up this year.

Yes that's a fair point, but there are also two fewer teams at the TdG
then ToC.

> Will Symmetrics be knocking heads with Rock Racing at Superweek?
> Probably depends on whether going to Georgia wipes out their
> budget.

It depends on the cash bonuses they get from sponsors for the TdG.

Steve
www.steephill.tv

On Mar 13, 9:16 pm, steephill <[email protected]> wrote:
> Re: last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
> of California? (thread url:http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)
>
> It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
> owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
> Georgia:http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symmetrics-getting-hosed/#update
>
> Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
> had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
> once in awhile?

Dumbass -

You're an idiot.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

On Mar 14, 11:16 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 9:16 pm, steephill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Re: last month's: Is Symmetrics getting hosed by the UCI and the Tour
> > of California? (thread url:http://tinyurl.com/2396hz)

> > It may be a coincidence, but I just received news from the Symmetrics'
> > owner that they've been invited for the first time to the Tour de
> > Georgia:http://www.steephill.tv/2008/is-symmetrics-getting-hosed/#update

> > Let me preempt you and say I'm still a dumbass of course and maybe I
> > had nothing to do with it, but it seems like even a dumbass is right
> > once in awhile?

> Dumbass -
>
> You're an idiot.

Ah... you're just jealous.

Steve

steephill wrote:
> Ah... you're just jealous.

Idiots get all the blondes ?

Marco Polo gets in to Georgia. Since we know someone
wrote a check to make that happen, what does that
tell us about how big a check it was and how hard it
was for Symmetrics to get in?

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> Marco Polo gets in to Georgia.