Chorus 8 speed query

Peter Flinn

Guest
I have a number of unused 1997/1998 8 speed cassettes. Does anyone know whether there is still a hub
out there which will match (I can't seem to locate a chorus 98 8 speed hub), or should I just
finally cave in and upgrade to 10 speed altogether? (There was nothing wrong with 7 speeds....still
only used about 3 or 4 of the sprockets regularly anyway)

Thanks in advance,

Peter Flinn

Peter Flinn wrote:
> I have a number of unused 1997/1998 8 speed cassettes. Does anyone know whether there is still a
> hub out there which will match (I can't seem to locate a chorus 98 8 speed hub),

I would either find an 8sp hub* or wheel (doesn't have to be Chorus, could be Record or Athena,
etc), or sell the cassettes.

* used or from www.parker-international.co.uk/components.htm - hubs (I don't know if any US
suppliers have any left?)

> or should I just finally cave in and upgrade to 10 speed altogether? (There was nothing wrong with
> 7 speeds....still only used about 3 or 4 of the sprockets regularly anyway)

Doesn't have to be 10sp. New up-to-date 9sp Campag equipment is still available, and the hubs take
both 9 and 10 speed cassettes.

~PB

Peter-<< I have a number of unused 1997/1998 8 speed cassettes. Does anyone know whether there is
still a hub out there which will match (I can't seem to locate a chorus 98 8 speed hub),

Well, in 1998 Chorus was 9s, 1997 as well...1996 was the last year for Chorus as 8s-I have a new
Chorus 8s hub-32 hole.

Campagnolo still makes 8s cassettes, BTW-