REQUESTS from Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Patricia D. Hill

Guest
IHOP Wisconsin Cheddar Soup
Streisel
Hungarian Gulash Soup
Dry Rub
deep, dense, chocolate cake

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected]
Subject: REQUEST - IHOP Wisconsin Cheddar Soup

I had this soup at IHOP in Buffalo this weekend and it was excellent!
Would anyone know where I can find a version of the recipe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Totonto

~~~~~~~~~

From: "News Subsystem" <[email protected]>
Subject: Streisel?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:30:06 -0700

Many years ago the chef at my college made a breakfast pastry he called
"streisel" and I would love to find a recipe.

When I ask anyone about this, they always say, "Oh, you mean 'streusel'."

No, it definitely wasn't streusel. All the streusels I've ever had were
crumby and usually had a fruit filling. This was more of a flat sweet
chewy, cakey thing, cut into bars, with a sugar icing drizzled over the
top. Definitely not crumby and crumbly and not fruit filled. (Though it
might have had a hint of marzipan? It was a long time ago!)

Anyone know what this was and where I could find a recipe for it?

If it helps, the chef was named Marcel, but his last name sounded
Germanic and he had a German, not French, accent. (He might have been
Swiss or Alsatian or Belgian or something like that?)

Thanks for any help!

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected] (Team Norway)
Subject: REQ: Hungarian Gulash Soup please. TIA

REQ: Hungarian Gulash Soup please. TIA

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Beth Layman" <[email protected]>
Subject: Looking For a Dry Rub

Hello,

As you know Memorial Day is coming up this weekend.Plus
here,the indy 500 race is going on. We want to cook out on the grill.
I am looking for a dry rub to bbq. I know that there are different
kinds of rubs. Does anyone have some? I would really appreiate
it.Thanks in advance.Have a nice day....

Beth Layman :)

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Jocelyn" <[email protected]>
Subject: Dense Chocolate Cake
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 23:03:57 -1000

I would like a recipe for a deep, dense, chocolate cake.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email protected]