1" MTB forks

Scott

Guest
I'm considering picking up an older Merlin MTB that takes a 1" steerer
tube. I'm curious about the availability of forks w/ a 1" steerer.
Any input???

thanks

On 4 May 2005 07:22:04 -0700, "Scott" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I'm considering picking up an older Merlin MTB that takes a 1" steerer
>tube. I'm curious about the availability of forks w/ a 1" steerer.
>Any input???

A good lbs can get you a reasonable selection of forks (suspension and
rigid) with a 1" steerer, but the choices will not be as numerous as
those for 1 1/8", and you may not find many bargains. If the frame
has a long head tube, your choices will be fewer than if it's shorter.

If the frame is one that you like, and the size and price are both
right, I'd go for it.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

[email protected] says...

>I'm considering picking up an older Merlin MTB that takes a 1" steerer
>tube. I'm curious about the availability of forks w/ a 1" steerer.
>Any input???

If you want a rigid, I'm sure someone will have one lying around. If you
want suspension, then it is less common, but they can be found if you
look.
Alex

Scott wrote:
> I'm considering picking up an older Merlin MTB that takes a 1" steerer
> tube. I'm curious about the availability of forks w/ a 1" steerer.
> Any input???

I hear that Marzocchi still offers 1" steerers (original or replacement) on
most of their offerings.