2004 LeMond Zurich Frame Geometry Comfort?

xxtimber

Dec 29, 2009
I'm looking at the 2004 LeMond Zurich frame geometry.
BikePedia - 2004 LeMond Zurich Double Complete Bicycle

Is it designed for comfort like the Specialized Roubaix? I'm not a big fan of compact bikes designed for comfort and to "ride all day." I'm looking for something designed for a more aggressive fit. Is the LeMond a compact frame? Will it work just fine? How can I tell?

I appreciate your help.

xxtimber said:
Is the LeMond a compact frame? Will it work just fine? How can I tell?
The Zurich is a semi-compact design with conventional head tube length and a slightly shortened seat tube, resulting in a slightly sloping top tube. Head tube and virtual (horizontal) top tube lengths correlate to traditional road racing/sport road bikes. That is, they are most unlike a Roubaix. Which apparently is exactly what you want.

The nominal size of LeMond frames was measured center-to-center rather than center to top. LeMond drew the horizontal top tube from the center of its intersection with the head tube. Most other manufacturers draw from the top of this intersection. You probably want to size down one centimeter from your ideal Trek size.

help- i have this bike, love it, but want to sell to get into more of a touring style frame.

got a link for how to tell if my bike is a 53 or 55 cm?

also what is the difference between the 04 and 07 model?

thanks, Jay