Anybody catching the Gorge games ?

Gwood

Guest
Saw some coverage of downhill slalom races last night on low band cable.
Pretty interesting stuff, sort of a combination of downhilling and Ben Hur.
We don't have any extended cable service, so don't know if it made to ESPN
or other sports channels. If it does, it's well worth watching.

Being my "back yard", found the coverage of the Columbia Gorge a lot of fun.
The mountain biking, extreme kayaking, outrigger racing and freestyle
windsurfing all took place within a few miles of each other. It's a
wonderful place to play.

Cheers
Gary

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:07:41 -0700, Gwood wrote:

> Saw some coverage of downhill slalom races last night on low band cable.
> Pretty interesting stuff, sort of a combination of downhilling and Ben Hur.
> We don't have any extended cable service, so don't know if it made to ESPN
> or other sports channels. If it does, it's well worth watching.
>
> Being my "back yard", found the coverage of the Columbia Gorge a lot of fun.
> The mountain biking, extreme kayaking, outrigger racing and freestyle
> windsurfing all took place within a few miles of each other. It's a
> wonderful place to play.
>
> Cheers
> Gary

I rode up & watched part of the Freeride competition on Sunday. I wanted
to watch the Kiteboarding stuff this week but I have to work.

gabrielle

P.S. some of those freeriders (spectators, not the competitors) were damn
grumpy. Must be the heavy bikes.

gabrielle wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:07:41 -0700, Gwood wrote:
>

>>Saw some coverage of downhill slalom races last night on low band cable.
>>Pretty interesting stuff, sort of a combination of downhilling and Ben Hur.
>>We don't have any extended cable service, so don't know if it made to ESPN
>>or other sports channels. If it does, it's well worth watching.
>>
>>Being my "back yard", found the coverage of the Columbia Gorge a lot of fun.
>>The mountain biking, extreme kayaking, outrigger racing and freestyle
>>windsurfing all took place within a few miles of each other. It's a
>>wonderful place to play.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Gary

> I rode up & watched part of the Freeride competition on Sunday. I wanted
> to watch the Kiteboarding stuff this week but I have to work.
>
> gabrielle
>
> P.S. some of those freeriders (spectators, not the competitors) were damn
> grumpy. Must be the heavy bikes.

For those of us that don't have cable TV or surf MtbR
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=35225

--
Slacker