Broken fairing mounts

Robert Milligan

Guest
I had brken the support mount bracket and the T bars. I have now added a whole bunch of rubber
support to all the mounts hoping this will relieve the road vibration. This is a Windwrap on a V2.
Does anybody have any suggestions to keep it from breaking again? Thanks. Bob Milligan

Robert,

Get in touch with Mark Mueller, who makes the Windwrap ([email protected]). The one on my TE broke
in West Texas and he overnighted me a new, improved (stronger) set.

Steve

--
Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

I make all my fairing mounts, crossbars, etc., with wood wherever possible, usually Sitka Spruce.
This is strong, lightweight, flexible and dampens out almost all vibration, even better than rubber.
No place is an attachment made to the bike without wood in between. If the wood breaks in a crash,
some quick-set epoxy glue puts the bike back on the road in 15 minutes.

Steve McDonald