Fidel Castro

nns1400 said:
When are they deported? What do you do with them in the meantime, until they are deported?
Illegal immigrants who do not make a claim for asylum seeker status (51%) are usually deported in less than 3 months. Their identity must be established (although mistakes have been made) and enquiries as to their origin have to be made.The consent of the receiving country must also be obtained.The delay is sometimes caused by illegal immigrants destroying their papers.
The majority of illegal immigrants are from the UK or the USA.Mostly,they receivr "bridging visas" which allow them to remain in the community.
Asylum seekers have,in recent years,tended to come from Iraq or Afghanistan.90% of them are found to be genuine.Often this takes many months...to establish their identities and the veracity of their claims,and to go through several layers of appeal.Recently the Australian Govt.attempted to speed up the process.It was regarded as an attempt to deny asylum seekers their rights of appeal and defeated in Parliament.
Many asylum seekers are held in Immigration Detention prisons.These are run for profit by an American company (CCA) which lobbies extensively for mandatory detention.The policy of mandatory detention dates from the entry of CCA into the "private prison" market,a market which it also helped to establish by extensive lobbying and political donations.

limerickman said:
I don't see anyone here from any of the countries that you have listed - trying to defend their shooting at vessels.

On the contrary - you're trying to defend your country's shooting at vessels.
You said...that no other country shoots at vessels....I showed you that you were indeed wrong again...about another subject.

I am not defending my country shooting at vessels...their is nothing to defend. If they refuse to stop after being ordered to do so by law enforcement in our territorial waters.....then the shooting is justified. Nothing to defend.

Yes, Bill we know that you consider illegal immigrants to be criminals.
You made that point abundantly clear.
I don't consider them criminals...they ARE criminals just by being here without permission. I didn't make the law...but the law is the law.

Bill, you're an adult.
No one put words in your mouth.

You said that they operate a racket.
Limerick...you're an adult.....and yes I did.

17 months of interest rate hikes, Bill. Interest rates are not low in your country, Bill.
Interest rates are still very low....even after 17 months of interest rate hikes....and the interest rate is being raised to cool off the economy that you say is so horrible. Our FED raises rates to fight inflation.

Unemployment Bill, is at nearly 5% (and that only includes those who can register).
5% which is pretty much near our historical average...in fact it is nearly the same number as when Clinton was in office...the guy who was such a miracle worker.

Bill, your country's currency has devalued 25% in the past three years too.
Irrelevant and part of the normal fluctuation of currencies over given periods of time.

Bill, your country's trade deficit stand at over 60 billion per month - for the past 2.5 years.
Can't argue with you on this one....Bush likes to spend money like it was water. It is my main beef with him.

Bill, your federal budget deficit is at an all time high.
No...not really. I told you earlier.....Google it as a percent of our GDP and you will see that by a percent of our overall GDP it is not at an all time high.

In addition, your country is exporting jobs by the truckload monthly.
Some jobs are going overseas while others are thriving. It's a global economy now.....we have some adaptation to do...I wouldn't argue that but if these jobs were a net loss then our unemployment would be skyrocketing.

If that is a good economy Bill, then yes the USA did win the Vietnam War.
Lim...you can believe what you want....most of your "facts" that you posted are simply not true. Your googling....and reading it with your typical I hate America goggles on.

As I said...if the economy is so bad then why are we at or near historic unemployment levels? Why is our housing market BOOMING? If jobs are being exported...why isn't our unemployment level rising? If interest rates are so high....why is housing through the roof?

None of these questions...can be answered from your point of view.

limerickman said:
I don't see anyone here from any of the countries that you have listed - trying to defend their shooting at vessels.

On the contrary - you're trying to defend your country's shooting at vessels.
You said...that no other country shoots at vessels....I showed you that you were indeed wrong again...about another subject.

I am not defending my country shooting at vessels...their is nothing to defend. If they refuse to stop after being ordered to do so by law enforcement in our territorial waters.....then the shooting is justified. Nothing to defend.

Yes, Bill we know that you consider illegal immigrants to be criminals.
You made that point abundantly clear.
I don't consider them criminals...they ARE criminals just by being here without permission. I didn't make the law...but the law is the law.

Bill, you're an adult.
No one put words in your mouth.

You said that they operate a racket.

17 months of interest rate hikes, Bill. Interest rates are not low in your country, Bill.
Interest rates are still very low....even after 17 months of interest rate hikes....and the interest rate is being raised to cool off the economy that you say is so horrible. Our FED raises rates to fight inflation.

Unemployment Bill, is at nearly 5% (and that only includes those who can register).
5% which is pretty much near our historical average...in fact it is nearly the same number as when Clinton was in office...the guy who was such a miracle worker.

Bill, your country's currency has devalued 25% in the past three years too.
Irrelevant and part of the normal fluctuation of currencies over given periods of time.

Bill, your country's trade deficit stand at over 60 billion per month - for the past 2.5 years.
Can't argue with you on this one....Bush likes to spend money like it was water. It is my main beef with him.

Bill, your federal budget deficit is at an all time high.
No...not really. I told you earlier.....Google it as a percent of our GDP and you will see that by a percent of our overall GDP it is not at an all time high.

In addition, your country is exporting jobs by the truckload monthly.
Some jobs are going overseas while others are thriving. It's a global economy now.....we have some adaptation to do...I wouldn't argue that but if these jobs were a net loss then our unemployment would be skyrocketing.

If that is a good economy Bill, then yes the USA did win the Vietnam War.
Lim...you can believe what you want....most of your "facts" that you posted are simply not true. Your googling....and reading it with your typical I hate America goggles on.

As I said...if the economy is so bad then why are we at or near historic unemployment levels? Why is our housing market BOOMING? If jobs are being exported...why isn't our unemployment level rising? If interest rates are so high....why is housing through the roof?

BillM said:
You said...that no other country shoots at vessels....I showed you that you Interest rates are still very low....even after 17 months of interest rate hikes....and the interest rate is being raised to cool off the economy that you say is so horrible. Our FED raises rates to fight inflation.
Yeah, 5.75% on 30yr fixed is way high considering we've had 17 months of interest rate hikes:rolleyes:

BillM said:
...if the economy is so bad then why are we at or near historic unemployment levels? Why is our housing market BOOMING? If jobs are being exported...why isn't our unemployment level rising? If interest rates are so high....why is housing through the roof?
Our "booming" economy has ridden on the back of the real estate equity boom. A LOT of consumer spending came right out of borrowing on home equity.

Those wild times are grinding to a halt as we speak. We'll see what happens...

BillM said:

No other country does shoot at vessels.

And in addition, none of our Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese or ex-Soviet dwelling forum members are on here to trying to defend their country's actions.

You however are trying to defend your country's actions in terms of illegal immigrants.

BillM said:

I don't consider them criminals...they ARE criminals just by being here without permission. .

No Bill, you do consider them to be criminals.

That is why you oppose those immigrants campaigning to maintain the status quo.
Remember Bill, you earlier tried to claim that "A Day without Immigrants"
was an effort to prevent leislation criminalising them.
You opposed their day of protest.

Now Bill if the legislation hasn't been passed to criminalise them - why do you consider them criminals when the legislation to criminalise them hasn't been
enacted ?

BillM said:

I'm glad you accept that you wrote your statement about their "rackets".
No one forced you.

BillM said:

Bill, the interest rates aren't historically low at present.

Under Greenspan rates were historically low between 2001-early 2005.
Rates were in and around 1 - 1.5%.
Greenspan and the Fed kept rates low in order to maintain "growth".
Currently rates are starting to move in to the historical measure of "high" interest rates.

BillM said:

Bill, unemployment rates under Clinton were between 3.5% - 4.0% per annum.

Under the Bush administration rates have oscillated between 5.8% back to 5%.
That's a very substantial difference Bill.

BillM said:

Actaully Bill, it is very relevant and not part of normal currency movements.
If you knew what we were discussing you'd be aware of this.

And in fact with the dollar being so competitive, making US product more competitive, you'd assume that US exports figures would be far higher than US import figure, eh Bill?

So tell me why then has the US run record trade deficit figures for the past three years?
Why does your country import $50-60 billion more than it manages to export, Bill, per month?

BillM said:

BillM said:

BillM said:

Yes...really.

Bill you didn't tell me anything earlier.

I told you that the budget deficit was at an all time high : as a percentage of your GDP is irrelevant.
Your goverment is in hock.

BillM said:

Bill, your economy's losing 1m jobs per month.
Jobs are going overseas to countries which are more productive.
google it, Bill if you don't believe me.

BillM said:

BillM said:

Actually Bill - I don't google information as you put it.

The sources of economic data that I use are published by your own goverment, primarily and separately commentaries from the likes of Bloomberg's/FT/The Economist/WSJ.

BillM said:
As I said...if the economy is so bad then why are we at or near historic unemployment levels?

Historic low unemployment level was 3.4% - during Clintons presidency.

Currently your country's unemployment level is far higher.
Sorry.

BillM said:
Why is our housing market BOOMING? .

Your country's property market is moving in to a slump Bill.
Those interest rate increases have ensured that.

The National Assoc of Realtors reports that sales of houses are down
to 2003 levels.

In addition, new house sales only account for 15% of all house sales (new house sales accounted for 45% of house sales for the period 2003-2005) : which means Bill, that building work has started to dry up too.

BillM said:

au contraire - see answers above.

Durangodave said:
Our "booming" economy has ridden on the back of the real estate equity boom. A LOT of consumer spending came right out of borrowing on home equity.

Those wild times are grinding to a halt as we speak. We'll see what happens...
Sadly...I agree with you. People are in for a RUDE awakening when housing corrects. They will be married to their house...hope they chose wisely.

limerickman said:
No other country does shoot at vessels.

And in addition, none of our Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese or ex-Soviet dwelling forum members are on here to trying to defend their country's actions.

You however are trying to defend your country's actions in terms of illegal immigrants.
On one hand you concede that these countries have fired on vessels approaching their shores...so in your sense it's ok as long as they don't have any members here on Cycling Forums?

If that's your thing then fine so be it....it really matters not what your opinion of our Coast Guard firing on these boats is...because you aren't American.

No Bill, you do consider them to be criminals.
Yeah I know...I said that. Many times...try paying attention.

That is why you oppose those immigrants campaigning to maintain the status quo.
Remember Bill, you earlier tried to claim that "A Day without Immigrants"
was an effort to prevent leislation criminalising them.
You opposed their day of protest.

Now Bill if the legislation hasn't been passed to criminalise them - why do you consider them criminals when the legislation to criminalise them hasn't been
enacted ?
Limerick...if you don't know enough about the legislation proposed then I am not going to be the one to educate you. If you choose to go toe to toe with an American about American law, policy and current events then it's your own responsibility to be informed.

If they are here, with no Visa then they are here illegally. Period.

The proposed legislation involved far more than just stating it to be illegal. Read up, educate yourself...then maybe we can debate it....until then your opinion doesn't matter.

I'm glad you accept that you wrote your statement about their "rackets".
No one forced you.
You like restating the obvious.

Bill, the interest rates aren't historically low at present.

Under Greenspan rates were historically low between 2001-early 2005.
Rates were in and around 1 - 1.5%.
Greenspan and the Fed kept rates low in order to maintain "growth".
Currently rates are starting to move in to the historical measure of "high" interest rates.
Using your argument...historic highs are double digit plus back in the Carter years. So I guess my statement should say historical average...rather than low. How's that.

Bill, unemployment rates under Clinton were between 3.5% - 4.0% per annum.

Under the Bush administration rates have oscillated between 5.8% back to 5%.
That's a very substantial difference Bill.
Again...yes Captain Obvious....under Clinton our country was caught up in the euphoria of the tech boom which created a LOT of unsustainable jobs. He also did not face a terrorist attack like 9/11 that crippled our economy for years, he also did not have the sack to deal with terrorists on their own soil like Bush did.

I think most would agree that 5% is pretty darn good......the UK is approximately 4.9% for 2005....so is that terrible too?

Actaully Bill, it is very relevant and not part of normal currency movements.
If you knew what we were discussing you'd be aware of this.
Look at the historical currency fluctuations and get back to me on this.

And in fact with the dollar being so competitive, making US product more competitive, you'd assume that US exports figures would be far higher than US import figure, eh Bill?

So tell me why then has the US run record trade deficit figures for the past three years?
Why does your country import $50-60 billion more than it manages to export, Bill, per month?
The US has always been a consumer economy....the last 10 years has affected our exports for sure...China is becoming a manufacturing power house.

This is a fact....I agree with you finally on at least 1 point. Shocking.

Yes...really.

Bill you didn't tell me anything earlier.

I told you that the budget deficit was at an all time high : as a percentage of your GDP is irrelevant.
Your goverment is in hock.
The deficit as a percent of GDP is quite relevant.....same as your debt ratio as an individual. If you cannot understand this...then I think it's you that doesn't understand the topic.

Bill, your economy's losing 1m jobs per month.
Jobs are going overseas to countries which are more productive.
google it, Bill if you don't believe me.
1 million jobs per month? Google it for me and show me your source...because that is the largest pile of dung you have ever dropped in this forum.

Actually Bill - I don't google information as you put it.

The sources of economic data that I use are published by your own goverment, primarily and separately commentaries from the likes of Bloomberg's/FT/The Economist/WSJ.
Yay for you.

Historic low unemployment level was 3.4% - during Clintons presidency.

Currently your country's unemployment level is far higher.
Sorry.
We covered this already.

Your country's property market is moving in to a slump Bill.
Those interest rate increases have ensured that.
No..actually years of too rapid growth are going to correct some...that's normal.

The National Assoc of Realtors reports that sales of houses are down
to 2003 levels.
Which are still high. A record number of Americans own their own home.

In addition, new house sales only account for 15% of all house sales (new house sales accounted for 45% of house sales for the period 2003-2005) : which means Bill, that building work has started to dry up too.
It needs to slow and correct. It has been too hot for too long....it's normal.

au contraire - see answers above.
Ok...let me correct myself.....RIGHT answers.

:D :p

BillM said:
On one hand you concede that these countries have fired on vessels approaching their shores...so in your sense it's ok as long as they don't have any members here on Cycling Forums?

If that's your thing then fine so be it....it really matters not what your opinion of our Coast Guard firing on these boats is...because you aren't American.

Yeah I know...I said that. Many times...try paying attention.

Limerick...if you don't know enough about the legislation proposed then I am not going to be the one to educate you. If you choose to go toe to toe with an American about American law, policy and current events then it's your own responsibility to be informed.

If they are here, with no Visa then they are here illegally. Period.

The proposed legislation involved far more than just stating it to be illegal. Read up, educate yourself...then maybe we can debate it....until then your opinion doesn't matter.

You like restating the obvious.

Using your argument...historic highs are double digit plus back in the Carter years. So I guess my statement should say historical average...rather than low. How's that.

Again...yes Captain Obvious....under Clinton our country was caught up in the euphoria of the tech boom which created a LOT of unsustainable jobs. He also did not face a terrorist attack like 9/11 that crippled our economy for years, he also did not have the sack to deal with terrorists on their own soil like Bush did.

I think most would agree that 5% is pretty darn good......the UK is approximately 4.9% for 2005....so is that terrible too?

Look at the historical currency fluctuations and get back to me on this.

The US has always been a consumer economy....the last 10 years has affected our exports for sure...China is becoming a manufacturing power house.

This is a fact....I agree with you finally on at least 1 point. Shocking.

The deficit as a percent of GDP is quite relevant.....same as your debt ratio as an individual. If you cannot understand this...then I think it's you that doesn't understand the topic.

1 million jobs per month? Google it for me and show me your source...because that is the largest pile of dung you have ever dropped in this forum.

Yay for you.

We covered this already.

No..actually years of too rapid growth are going to correct some...that's normal.

Which are still high. A record number of Americans own their own home.

It needs to slow and correct. It has been too hot for too long....it's normal.

Ok...let me correct myself.....RIGHT answers.

:D :p
billm I wonder if mr. limerickman remembers when the french fired upon a greenpeace vessel....arrested the captain etc...naw I doubt it....

2FAST4U said:
billm I wonder if mr. limerickman remembers when the french fired upon a greenpeace vessel....arrested the captain etc...naw I doubt it....
Well it won't matter...unless the actual captain from the actual ship comes on this forum and defends his actions.

Only then is it relevant.

:D
It's such a comedy.

This is a strange argument. You can certainly make a case for the idea the U.S. economy has slipped in the post Clinton years but I think Europe has also slipped a lot. I may be wrong but I think the best performing economy of Europe so far has been Estonia while Germany has seen massive unemployment. France likewise has seen scant economic growth and growing unemployment.
Spain has been doing O.K.
As for the U.S. we know California is in a heck of a mess but New York has picked up a lot since the seventies when it nearly went bankrupt.
The Europeans need to also bear in mind how far behind we are from the U.S. in military/defence. The U.K. isn't strictly a nuclear power as our nukes are subject to U.S. control. Only France has nuclear capability but France is way way behind the U.S. and Russia.
Collectively Europe is still very weak militarily.