Followup on meat and protein

Preston Crawford

Guest
I'm afraid to post this for fear of opening up another from for DRS's war
against me, but I didn't want this post to get burried in that other
thread. I just wanted to thank everyone who weighed in my question about
protein sources. I'm actually going to try a bit of everything. I'm going
to give whey powder a look (I'm scheduling a meeting with the nutritionist
at the health food store to go over options next week). And of course if
I ever get the time I'm going to eat my beans and rice.

However, I started eating turkey this week for the first time in 5 years.
It's sat well with me and I feel a lot better in terms of my protein
intake. And I'm off the cheese, which is most important. Meaning hopefully
my weight loss will progress and my stomach feels much better being off
the cheese. So thanks to all those who weighed in. I appreciate the
advice.

Thanks,

Preston

"Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I'm afraid to post this for fear of opening up another from for DRS's
> war against me,

There's no such thing. It's a shame you're not nearly as important in the
real world as you are in your febrile little mind.

--

A: Top-posters.

On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> I'm afraid to post this for fear of opening up another from for DRS's
>> war against me,

> There's no such thing. It's a shame you're not nearly as important in the
> real world as you are in your febrile little mind.

What a surprise. You posted another insult. Who said I thought I was
important anyway? And why does it matter if I am or am not? I know you're
Dean of the Usenet, but I don't really have those same delusions of
grandeur. I'm just a guy who was looking for advice. Now leave me alone.

Preston

>> I'm afraid to post this for fear of opening up another from for DRS's
>> war against me,

>There's no such thing. It's a shame you're not nearly as important in the
>real world as you are in your febrile little mind.
>
>--

Neither are you, most certainly.

"Fx199" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>>> I'm afraid to post this for fear of opening up another from for
>>> DRS's war against me,

>> There's no such thing. It's a shame you're not nearly as important
>> in the real world as you are in your febrile little mind.
>>
>> --
>>

> Neither are you, most certainly.

Unlike him I'm not pretending I am.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> I'm afraid to post this for fear of opening up another from for
>>> DRS's war against me,

>> There's no such thing. It's a shame you're not nearly as important
>> in the real world as you are in your febrile little mind.

> What a surprise. You posted another insult.

This from the jerk who labels his opponents "nuts" and "extremists".

> Who said I thought I was
> important anyway?

You did.

> And why does it matter if I am or am not? I know
> you're Dean of the Usenet, but I don't really have those same
> delusions of grandeur. I'm just a guy who was looking for advice. Now
> leave me alone.

Not while you keep posting pig ignorant ******** and pretending it has any
sort of scientific backing.

--

A: Top-posters.

On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> "Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>>
>>> There's no such thing. It's a shame you're not nearly as important
>>> in the real world as you are in your febrile little mind.

>> What a surprise. You posted another insult.

> This from the jerk who labels his opponents "nuts" and "extremists".

Once again (since you seem to have missed it the first time) I didn't mean
"nuts" in a bad way. In case you haven't heard, it's possible to be a
"nut" and it not mean you're crazy. I'm a cycling nut. A video game nut. A
Linux nut. When I said it at the time I said it I didn't think it would be
taken the way you took it. And low and behold know one took it that way.
Not Roger, not Badger South (both of whom I listened to on giving the
turkey a chance, fwiw), no one except you.

Nor did the vegetarians get mad when I said they were being extremist in
turning this into a vegetarian vs. omnivore debate. In that case I didn't
mean it as an insult, but to say that people were taking this too far. Yet
still no one took offense.

The only taking offense is you. Which I think says something about you.

>> Who said I thought I was
>> important anyway?

> You did.

News to me. When did I say this?

>> And why does it matter if I am or am not? I know
>> you're Dean of the Usenet, but I don't really have those same
>> delusions of grandeur. I'm just a guy who was looking for advice. Now
>> leave me alone.

> Not while you keep posting pig ignorant ******** and pretending it has any
> sort of scientific backing.

?????

Who made you the guardian of the Usenet scientific facts again?

PS - You have to see the irony in saying you're not angry and you're only
interested in science and then saying things like the above. It makes you
look... well... less than intelligent. All I said, once again, for the
40th time, is that the general consensus is that a diet emphasizing
quality grains, veggies and fruits is regarded by the medical community as
a healthy diet. Nothing more. Yet out of that you've manufactured this
science vs. "pig ignorant bull****" war that you insist on continuing.

Are you going to follow me forever like Captain Ahab? Are you my Inspector
Javert? What a weird way to live your life.

Preston

"Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]

>> Not while you keep posting pig ignorant ******** and pretending it
>> has any sort of scientific backing.

> ?????
>
> Who made you the guardian of the Usenet scientific facts again?

Strawman.

[...]

> Are you going to follow me forever like Captain Ahab? Are you my
> Inspector Javert? What a weird way to live your life.

Why are you here? This is a *public* forum.

--

A: Top-posters.

On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>
>>> Not while you keep posting pig ignorant ******** and pretending it
>>> has any sort of scientific backing.

>> ?????
>>
>> Who made you the guardian of the Usenet scientific facts again?

> Strawman.

Metaphor. Joke.

>> Are you going to follow me forever like Captain Ahab? Are you my
>> Inspector Javert? What a weird way to live your life.

> Why are you here? This is a *public* forum.

What does that mean? I'm here because I'm a cyclist. Why are you here?
Other than to "correct" all of our supposed mistakes and scientific
errors?

Preston

news:[email protected]
> Preston, why are you replying to DRS? Let him have the last word,
> none of us will think lesser of you for it.

That's unfair. He's the one trying to defend the indefensible.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> On 2004-09-03, DRS <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]

>>> Who made you the guardian of the Usenet scientific facts again?

>> Strawman.

> Metaphor. Joke.

You should learn something about humour before trying jokes. Then again,
you're not interested in learning anything. Facts scare you.

[...]

>> Why are you here? This is a *public* forum.

> What does that mean? I'm here because I'm a cyclist. Why are you here?
> Other than to "correct" all of our supposed mistakes and scientific
> errors?

I don't do anything of the sort. Nutrition is a common topic in here. I've
had several discussions about it. When you or anyone else starts spouting
patent ******** I'm as entitled as anyone else to set you straight.

--

A: Top-posters.

On 2004-09-03, Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
> Preston, why are you replying to DRS? Let him have the last word, none of us
> will think lesser of you for it.

I understand and I apologize. It's a huge weakness of mine. When someone
is talking me as illogically, as rudely and as vociferously as DRS is it's
hard for me to back down. I mean, when someone lies and calls you a liar,
especially in the context of a discussion of so little relative weight,
it's very frustrating. And I admittedly don't deal with those kinds of
attacks very well. But you are right. He is who he is. I'll killfile him.
He can have the last word and rant and rave into thin air if he wants.
I've wasted far too much time on his this.

And once again I apologize. Here I was trying to say thank you again.
Thank you to a community that has been so supportive and helpful to me
over the years as I've gone from this...

http://www.prestoncrawford.com/album/images/mebig2.jpg

To this...

http://www.prestoncrawford.com/album/images/mesmall.jpg

But he attacked again and I failed to respond in a dignified manner. I
apologize. I'll let it drop. He can declare himself the winner. I'll just
have to live with the fact that he bullied me into silence.

Preston

"Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 2004-09-03, Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Preston, why are you replying to DRS? Let him have the last word,
>> none of us will think lesser of you for it.

> I understand and I apologize. It's a huge weakness of mine. When
> someone is talking me as illogically,

The only illogic has been yours. I can and do support my statements. You
would rather post a thousand messages attacking me than ever admit you were
wrong.

You could have learnt something but you chose not to, and that's the real
reason you're the loser.

--

A: Top-posters.

Claire Petersky wrote:

> Preston, why are you replying to DRS? Let him have the last word, none of us
> will think lesser of you for it.

Better still, please place this bozo in your killfile. That's what I
did when he turned into a crazy usenet cop on an obituary thread of
a dear friend. These types are not worth the keystrokes.

If everyone killfiles this sorry excuse for a person, none of us
will have to read all the replies to his verbal refuse.

Thanks.

Preston Crawford wrote:

> He can declare himself the winner. I'll just
> have to live with the fact that he bullied me into silence.

Don't give it a second thought. If he's in everyone's killfile,
he'll be ranting into the ether. Where he belongs.

On 2004-09-03, Terry Morse <[email protected]> wrote:
> Claire Petersky wrote:
>
>> Preston, why are you replying to DRS? Let him have the last word, none of us
>> will think lesser of you for it.

> Better still, please place this bozo in your killfile. That's what I
> did when he turned into a crazy usenet cop on an obituary thread of
> a dear friend. These types are not worth the keystrokes.
>
> If everyone killfiles this sorry excuse for a person, none of us
> will have to read all the replies to his verbal refuse.
>
> Thanks.

I've done that. Sorry for the trouble I caused. I didn't realize who he
was or what he was about, having been away from the group for a while.

Preston

"Terry Morse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Claire Petersky wrote:
>
>> Preston, why are you replying to DRS? Let him have the last word,
>> none of us will think lesser of you for it.

> Better still, please place this bozo in your killfile. That's what I
> did when he turned into a crazy usenet cop on an obituary thread of
> a dear friend. These types are not worth the keystrokes.

You bloody liar. What actually happened was that you thought you could come
out of the blue and abuse me with impunity and chucked a monster hissy fit
when I returned what you dished out with interest.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Preston Crawford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

> I've done that. Sorry for the trouble I caused. I didn't realize who
> he was or what he was about, having been away from the group for a
> while.

It's patently obvious you still don't.

--

A: Top-posters.