Garmin 305 question

beauspete

Feb 26, 2007
I have a new garmin 305 with cad and hr and I love it to death one little question if I record a ride and then cannot download it before the next ride will it be able to seperate the two rides like see them as two seperate rides and not just a continuatuion of each other...I have read the manual but did nto see how this works...

Yes it will. That is one of the features I like compared to my old Vetta HR setup. I can do several if not many weeks of rides before downloading. Then after downloading they all separate into their own segments. Just keep in mind you want the smart recording on so you can get more data. The other option records data every second, which is a bit overkill, and will only hold so much data.

do you have to press the lap button the start stop button or does it just do it on its own?

You may be asking about how to use the reset feature.

As an example, I wanted to be able to recall an AM Commute segment and a PM Commute segment, separately from each other. To do this you use the reset feature. Basically before you take off on your next ride, you want to press and hold down the lap button. You will see a reset countdown box appear on screen. Continue to hold down the lap button. The reset will count down 3-2-1 then beep to confirm. When you do this, your next ride will record separately from any that you have already taken.

Hope this helps. It's a cool feature to know about anyway. ;)

beauspete said:
I have a new garmin 305 with cad and hr and I love it to death one little question if I record a ride and then cannot download it before the next ride will it be able to seperate the two rides like see them as two seperate rides and not just a continuatuion of each other...I have read the manual but did nto see how this works...
Not to hijack the thread, but does this unit have a map function? I have a handlebar mounted GPS and I like to put my routes into it. The navigation functions really help with long touring rides.

HenryLaRoy said:
Not to hijack the thread, but does this unit have a map function? I have a handlebar mounted GPS and I like to put my routes into it. The navigation functions really help with long touring rides.
I think it does but being so new to using it I have as yet to figure out the part of it but when I do I will let you know... I have seen the screen where you can set a begining point and waypoints and then tell it to take you back to the starting point...you can download routes you have already ridden as a workout and then race against your previous time and cadance and speed which is a pretty neat thing...