Hello from Chicago!

mwrobe1

Jul 28, 2006
I recently lost alot of weight and have taken up biking as a way get to exercise regularly, my body seems to be able to handle it now. I've started to extend this to something more functional...I now ride to my fathers house on Mon/Wed/Fri 8.5 miles away and catch a ride with him to work (we both work at the same building)...obviously I'm pedaling back home as well. I hope to eventually work up to the full 32 mile commute. BTW...is 37 minutes a decent amount of time to go 8.5 urban street and sidewalk miles (w/one huge bridge going over multiple RR tracks)? I wouldn't know...thats why I'm here LOL. I ran into this site looking for a rear rack for my ride...I can't stand the sweat and weight that is generated from the backpack I wear.

Here is the exact bike that I own:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_6/602-1772091-2099830?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0000BXHPC

Comments or future upgrade recommendations are welcome...(by all means...let me know if I bought a Yugo!) I think it rides better than any bike I've ever owned and is comfortable for my 6'5" 225 pound frame. I needed to put a gel seat on it...as the stock seat one is a bit uncomfortable. At any rate...I'm sure to be posting noob questions (yes...I know how to use the search function), so go easy on me.

Cheers!

Your time is decent for the type of bike you've got. I did 10.77 miles on my road bike urban street / park workout in 37 minutes.

Get a Giant OCR 1 road bike and put a rack and panniers on it. You'll love this setup. I did max 29.8 mph on mine.

Lake Shore Drive is an excellent bike path for a workout.