helmet rivet broke

stevechow

Mar 11, 2006
Hi, i am using a GIRO helmet and another one is a LAS. Both are equally good helmets which i prefer the GIRO because of its rubber dial lock. Now i had problems in both. The GIRO one it could lock anymore because the attached rivet is broken. I could attach it back but again it will come out because the rivet is broken which is supposed to deadlock. So what should i do.

The LAS helmet the screw from the plastic frame lock to the helmet came out and now it's left suspended one side with no screw. So what should i do.

regards,
Cao

I wouldnt try to retrofit a helmet. When a component of a helmet fails it is time to replace.

the GIRO is not that old probably worn less then 50-100 times. the LAS is my first helmet so maybe it's too old and change.

regards,
Cao

Originally Posted by stevechow .

Hi, i am using a GIRO helmet and another one is a LAS. Both are equally good helmets which i prefer the GIRO because of its rubber dial lock. Now i had problems in both. The GIRO one it could lock anymore because the attached rivet is broken. I could attach it back but again it will come out because the rivet is broken which is supposed to deadlock. So what should i do.

regards,
Cao
RTFM...
... which will probably give you a customer service number to call for GIRO.