Jeff, Where Did VDB Place"

B. Lafferty

Guest
VDB in Italian amateur races under false name
The latest story on Frank Vandenbroucke, once an exceptionally strong talent
in Belgian cycling, truly makes one wonder. After the pro peloton waited in
vain for his come-back this spring, VDB is now reported to have participated
in several amateur races in Italy. Not under his real name, of course, nor
in the colours of Unibet.com.

Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of Vandenbroucke
racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del Ponte
showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

> VDB in Italian amateur races under false name
> The latest story on Frank Vandenbroucke, once an exceptionally strong
> talent in Belgian cycling, truly makes one wonder. After the pro peloton
> waited in vain for his come-back this spring, VDB is now reported to have
> participated in several amateur races in Italy. Not under his real name,
> of course, nor in the colours of Unibet.com.
>
> Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of Vandenbroucke
> racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
> jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del
> Ponte showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

Here's the link http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/?fr=tgol

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
| VDB in Italian amateur races under false name
| The latest story on Frank Vandenbroucke, once an exceptionally strong
talent
| in Belgian cycling, truly makes one wonder. After the pro peloton waited
in
| vain for his come-back this spring, VDB is now reported to have
participated
| in several amateur races in Italy. Not under his real name, of course, nor
| in the colours of Unibet.com.
|
| Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of Vandenbroucke
| racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
| jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del
Ponte
| showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

Apparently he went on a break and was caught at at the line.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> VDB in Italian amateur races under false name
> The latest story on Frank Vandenbroucke, once an exceptionally strong talent
> in Belgian cycling, truly makes one wonder. After the pro peloton waited in
> vain for his come-back this spring, VDB is now reported to have participated
> in several amateur races in Italy. Not under his real name, of course, nor
> in the colours of Unibet.com.
>
> Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of Vandenbroucke
> racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
> jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del Ponte
> showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

Velonews is reporting that he'd enter the amateur race, smoke the
competition, ride off the front by himself and then peel-off and quit
before the finish.

[email protected] wrote:

> Velonews is reporting that he'd enter the amateur race, smoke the
> competition, ride off the front by himself and then peel-off and quit
> before the finish.

Sounds like what I did with my son when he was 8. It was fair becasue
now he smokes me.

[email protected] wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>
> > Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of Vandenbroucke
> > racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
> > jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del Ponte
> > showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

> Velonews is reporting that he'd enter the amateur race, smoke the
> competition, ride off the front by himself and then peel-off and quit
> before the finish.

Oh man. Lafferty's going to have a cow now that VDB is
on the LANCE training program:

<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/f276d7df0ad617a1/4c083252c3a71c9e?#4c083252c3a71c9e>

Ben

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>> > Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of
>> > Vandenbroucke
>> > racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
>> > jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del
>> > Ponte
>> > showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

>> Velonews is reporting that he'd enter the amateur race, smoke the
>> competition, ride off the front by himself and then peel-off and quit
>> before the finish.

> Oh man. Lafferty's going to have a cow now that VDB is
> on the LANCE training program:

According to the cycling press, VDB claims to have gotten his head together
and to have turned over a new leaf, implying that he is no longer doping. I
guess he got rid of his dogs.

gds wrote:

> Sounds like what I did with my son when he was 8. It was fair becasue
> now he smokes me.

Dumbass -

Pedophelia and incest are not cool. Please keep those stories to
yourself.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

B. Lafferty schreef:
> Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of Vandenbroucke
> racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
> jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del Ponte
> showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

VDB is such a dumbass. He got the translation wrong, it should have been
Francesco Pantani. Dutch for bridge is brug which I guess coming from a
Walloon sounds similar to his name. However, the roots of brouck(e) are
the same as broek, Dutch for swamp or swampland.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert schreef:
> VDB is such a dumbass. He got the translation wrong, it should have been
> Francesco Pantani. Dutch for bridge is brug which I guess coming from a
> Walloon sounds similar to his name. However, the roots of brouck(e) are
> the same as broek, Dutch for swamp or swampland.

To further clarify, now that I read on VRT teletext that VDB himself
acknowledges the name was wrong (saying it should have been Del
Pantalone), "broek" meaning swamp is Old-Dutch. In modern use of the
word it means Pants.

Imagine that, Armstrong and Pantani united in VDB.

--
E. Dronkert

On 25 Aug 2006 09:59:57 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Velonews is reporting that he'd enter the amateur race, smoke the
>competition, ride off the front by himself and then peel-off and quit
>before the finish.

I think that's extremely obnoxious. Though perhaps I should have some
sympathy since he is mentally ill.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>>> Italian Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday published photos of Vandenbroucke
>>> racing in an Italian 28-32 years category race wearing an ordinary blue
>>> jersey, and claims that he used a license under the name Francesco Del Ponte
>>> showing, moreover, the photo of... Tom Boonen!

>> Velonews is reporting that he'd enter the amateur race, smoke the
>> competition, ride off the front by himself and then peel-off and quit
>> before the finish.

> Oh man. Lafferty's going to have a cow now that VDB is
> on the LANCE training program:

You seem to be implying that, for some period of time, Lafferty was NOT
having cows. When was that?

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> I think that's extremely obnoxious. Though perhaps I should have some
> sympathy since he is mentally ill.

Perhaps he told them to pull or get dropped.