Led cycling vests

9lines

May 7, 2015
Does anyone here have a LED cycling vest? I ordered for one when I realised that they are the best. LED lights can make the rider be visible to up to 1300 feet hence avoiding collisions at night or earlier in the morning. They offer 360% reflectivity. They also have adjustable straps which make them fit any rider.

I had plans of buying that "Christmas tree" vest when I first saw it some years ago. It was a coincidence that it was the Christmas season at that time. I was just curious but I thought, hey, that's a good way to provide more protection when riding at night. However, my husband said that I rarely ride at night since it is risky to do that in our village due to cases of holdups and mugging. So there's not much use for that for me... at the moment until I can think of a way to use it.

I don't cycle in the evenings so I don't really need a LED cycling vest. I guess it could also work well during the day, but it's very sunny where I live so I'm not so sure that it will noticeable or effective. At least, I haven't noticed any other cyclists wearing these during my daily rides.

I don't cycle in the evenings so I don't really need a LED cycling vest. I guess it could also work well during the day, but it's very sunny where I live so I'm not so sure that it will noticeable or effective. At least, I haven't noticed any other cyclists wearing these during my daily rides.

So far the safety vests with the LED's are too dim to be effective in daylight, so you would be better off just using a neon green, neon yellow, or neon orange, for some reason they say the neon green is the best of the 3. I don't wear my neon green reflective vest except only when I know I'll be riding in low light conditions at some point during my ride. In the day I mostly wear white, bright yellow, or orange jersey without any neon effect and no reflective ability since it's day time. The neon colors do work in broad daylight I just haven't found any need for it, I think the standard colors that I use stand out pretty well, as long as I don't go camouflage which I saw a rider on an expensive road bike wearing camouflage biking attire! talk about trying to be difficult to see.