Mad Jack Fuller

Simonb

Guest
MartinM wrote:

> lots of DNS's.

A nasty (aren't they all) cold ruled the ride out for me. Shame, as it
looked like a lovely ride. Where were the rest of you URCers?

Ow Ow Ow!
A bitterly cold day once the sun decided to go back in, plus into the wind
all the way back from Fairlight (although most of the cols were over by
then). I stupidly rode it with a double. The entire fox hunting population
seemed to have parked on top of the hill in Brightling (although I did not
see one hunting pink jacket or even dog). A couple of horse riders passed us
at the first control and commented "they'll be banning you next" whilst
trying to control her steed which threw a wobbly at the sight of so much
Lycra and cake.
lots of DNS's.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:23:18 -0000, "Simonb"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>MartinM wrote:
>
>> lots of DNS's.

>A nasty (aren't they all) cold ruled the ride out for me. Shame, as it
>looked like a lovely ride. Where were the rest of you URCers?

Sickness in this house too meant I couldn't go either.

Was Mr. Larrington of LTD present?

Tim

MartinM wrote:

> lots of DNS's.

Guilty, m'lud. Early mornings and late nights last week. I doubt I'd have
made the start without snoozing off and parking motorcar in a ditch. Only
got up on Saturday when hunger drove me from my bed. /Well/ after "Final
Score"...

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

> MartinM wrote:
>
> > lots of DNS's.

> Guilty, m'lud. Early mornings and late nights last week. I doubt I'd

have
> made the start without snoozing off and parking motorcar in a ditch. Only
> got up on Saturday when hunger drove me from my bed. /Well/ after "Final
> Score"...

we could do a re-run if I can ever face riding it again. Any takers for the
Denmead 200 5th March? (also goes up Faccombe hill like the Watership Down)

MartinM wrote:

> we could do a re-run if I can ever face riding it again. Any takers for the
> Denmead 200 5th March? (also goes up Faccombe hill like the Watership Down)

I had originally pencilled it in but my big sister is having a party to
celebrate a significant birthday. Her age will have a nought on the end;
I daren't think about the first digit.

--
Dave...

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

MartinM wrote:

> we could do a re-run if I can ever face riding it again. Any takers
> for the Denmead 200 5th March? (also goes up Faccombe hill like the
> Watership Down)

Already signed up for a 100 near Saffron Walden, wot is a lot easier to get
to from my side of London Town Devine.

Which one was Faccombe (sounds like the sort of thing you mutter at the
Organisators...)?

Dave Larrington wrote:

> Which one was Faccombe (sounds like the sort of thing you mutter at
> the Organisators...)?

After the pub control a left turn onto an unclassified road, long drag and
got steeper towards the top. Here: http://qurl.net/aU

Dave Larrington wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
>
> > we could do a re-run if I can ever face riding it again. Any takers
> > for the Denmead 200 5th March? (also goes up Faccombe hill like the
> > Watership Down)

> Already signed up for a 100 near Saffron Walden, wot is a lot easier

to get
> to from my side of London Town Devine.
>
> Which one was Faccombe (sounds like the sort of thing you mutter at

the
> Organisators...)?

No that's Faccombe Hall ;-)

MartinM wrote:
> we could do a re-run if I can ever face riding it again.

Maybe next year...

d.

davek wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
> > we could do a re-run if I can ever face riding it again.

> Maybe next year...

EEK! steady on!
see you at the Invicta (I really must be as Mad as Mad Jack to do that
one as well)

I notice on the calendar there is a 400 starting in Tavistock on 4 June
that offers 6.5 AAA points (7600m of climbing).

It's a shame Tavistock is too far away for me to get to easily... ;-)

Anyway, yes, see you at the Invicta - it will be a good opportunity to
really test the worth of my new triple. :)

d.

davek wrote:
> I notice on the calendar there is a 400 starting in Tavistock on 4

June
> that offers 6.5 AAA points (7600m of climbing).

Eeeeeeek! that's 2000 more than La Marmotte

> It's a shame Tavistock is too far away for me to get to easily... ;-)
>
> Anyway, yes, see you at the Invicta - it will be a good opportunity

> really test the worth of my new triple. :)

well maybe just the little ring ;-)

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> davek wrote:
> > MartinM wrote:
> > > we could do a re-run if I can ever face riding it again.

> > Maybe next year...

> EEK! steady on!
> see you at the Invicta (I really must be as Mad as Mad Jack to do that
> one as well

BTW I assume you are doing the 100k not the 50? (you get to see all the
slight inclines on the way down before going back to go up them, as the 50 k
course reverses).