Met a guy from the early 90s

Gooserider

Guest
Or at least I think so. I passed him as he was heading into our local
mall---and I noticed that his bike was a Yeti. It's pretty rare to see
anyone here on anything other than 'mart MTBs, so I struck up a conversation
while he was locking up. It was a NICE BIKE. XTR derailleurs, Kooka crank,
very nice. The guy was wearing day glo green Pearl Izumi gloves and a Bell
V-1 Pro helmet. I complimented him on the bike and he said he paid 5 grand
for it new. I don't think I'd be parking my Yeti in front of the mall---but
I don't think many people here in the sticks realize how nice it was.

Gooserider wrote:
:: Or at least I think so. I passed him as he was heading into our local
:: mall---and I noticed that his bike was a Yeti. It's pretty rare to
:: see anyone here on anything other than 'mart MTBs, so I struck up a
:: conversation while he was locking up. It was a NICE BIKE. XTR
:: derailleurs, Kooka crank, very nice. The guy was wearing day glo
:: green Pearl Izumi gloves and a Bell V-1 Pro helmet. I complimented
:: him on the bike and he said he paid 5 grand for it new. I don't
:: think I'd be parking my Yeti in front of the mall---but I don't
:: think many people here in the sticks realize how nice it was.

So you think he got caught in a time vortex or did you wonder off into the
twlight zone?

:)

Gooserider wrote:
> Or at least I think so. I passed him as he was heading into our local
> mall---and I noticed that his bike was a Yeti. It's pretty rare to see
> anyone here on anything other than 'mart MTBs, so I struck up a conversation
> while he was locking up. It was a NICE BIKE. XTR derailleurs, Kooka crank,
> very nice. The guy was wearing day glo green Pearl Izumi gloves and a Bell
> V-1 Pro helmet. I complimented him on the bike and he said he paid 5 grand
> for it new. I don't think I'd be parking my Yeti in front of the mall---but
> I don't think many people here in the sticks realize how nice it was.

Yeah thats one thing about non-bike people, they don't know how much
real bikes are worth.

Roger Zoul <[email protected]> wrote:
> Gooserider wrote:
> :: Or at least I think so. I passed him as he was heading into our local
> :: mall---and I noticed that his bike was a Yeti. It's pretty rare to
> :: see anyone here on anything other than 'mart MTBs, so I struck up a
> :: conversation while he was locking up. It was a NICE BIKE. XTR
> :: derailleurs, Kooka crank, very nice. The guy was wearing day glo
> :: green Pearl Izumi gloves and a Bell V-1 Pro helmet. I complimented
> :: him on the bike and he said he paid 5 grand for it new. I don't
> :: think I'd be parking my Yeti in front of the mall---but I don't
> :: think many people here in the sticks realize how nice it was.

> So you think he got caught in a time vortex or did you wonder off into the
> twlight zone?

Was there a London police call box nearby?

Bill

__o | Harry: How could a troll get in?
_`\(,_ | Ron: Not on its own. Trolls are really stupid.
(_)/ (_) |

On Aug 1, 10:12 pm, "Gooserider" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Or at least I think so. I passed him as he was heading into our local
> mall---and I noticed that his bike was a Yeti. It's pretty rare to see
> anyone here on anything other than 'mart MTBs, so I struck up a conversation
> while he was locking up. It was a NICE BIKE. XTR derailleurs, Kooka crank,
> very nice. The guy was wearing day glo green Pearl Izumi gloves and a Bell
> V-1 Pro helmet. I complimented him on the bike and he said he paid 5 grand
> for it new. I don't think I'd be parking my Yeti in front of the mall---but
> I don't think many people here in the sticks realize how nice it was.

Interesting. I built my tourer with the 1980s in mind. Looks like a
small version of the huge frames from back then.