Pereiro implicated in Puerto

MMan

Guest
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article1801061.ece

"Yesterday, even as Floyd Landis continued to protest his innocence at
an arbitration hearing in Malibu, California, Il Giornale, the Italian
newspaper, claimed that Oscar Pereiro, the Spaniard who was runner-up
to the American in last year's Tour, was possibly implicated in the
labyrinthine Operation Puerto doping investigation.

If Landis loses his case and is deemed to have taken synthetic
testosterone during last year's Tour de France, he will be stripped of
his victory. In that event, the 2006 Tour title would normally be
awarded to Pereiro, but in the present atmosphere of zero tolerance of
any ethical doubt, the latest allegations may prevent that outcome."

So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

MMan wrote:
> So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

7 Cyril Dessel (Fra) AG2R-Prevoyance

Two down, four to go. Of the four remaining, 5th placed Evans will be
the toughest to take out. We might not have a French winner of the 2006
Tour for a few more years.

Bob Schwartz

in message <[email protected]>, MMan
('[email protected]') wrote:

> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article1801061.ece
>
> "Yesterday, even as Floyd Landis continued to protest his innocence at
> an arbitration hearing in Malibu, California, Il Giornale, the Italian
> newspaper, claimed that Oscar Pereiro, the Spaniard who was runner-up
> to the American in last year's Tour, was possibly implicated in the
> labyrinthine Operation Puerto doping investigation.
>
> If Landis loses his case and is deemed to have taken synthetic
> testosterone during last year's Tour de France, he will be stripped of
> his victory. In that event, the 2006 Tour title would normally be
> awarded to Pereiro, but in the present atmosphere of zero tolerance of
> any ethical doubt, the latest allegations may prevent that outcome."
>
> So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

We already did this. A Scotsman has won the Tour de France.

Ye hypocrites! are these your pranks? To murder men and give God thanks?
Desist, for shame! Proceed no further: God won't accept your thanks for
murther
-- Robert Burns, 'Thanksgiving For a National Victory'

On 17 May 2007 07:47:11 -0700, MMan <[email protected]> wrote:

>So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

Some guy usually seen with water bottles in his pockets, until each is
taken out by a picture of them holding on to his respective vehicle.

So it will be some French rider holding on to (preferably) a Puegeot
or Renault on (preferably) a French team. Name will be irrelevant.

I know,' irrelevant' doesn't sound French.

I wouldn't completely discount the podium girls as the closest related
unindicted individuals to the Tour. Silicone isn't performance
enhancing, generally speaking. And they WERE on the podium. But seen
with dopers...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

MMan wrote:
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article1801061.ece
>
> "Yesterday, even as Floyd Landis continued to protest his innocence at
> an arbitration hearing in Malibu, California, Il Giornale, the Italian
> newspaper, claimed that Oscar Pereiro, the Spaniard who was runner-up
> to the American in last year's Tour, was possibly implicated in the
> labyrinthine Operation Puerto doping investigation.
>
> If Landis loses his case and is deemed to have taken synthetic
> testosterone during last year's Tour de France, he will be stripped of
> his victory. In that event, the 2006 Tour title would normally be
> awarded to Pereiro, but in the present atmosphere of zero tolerance of
> any ethical doubt, the latest allegations may prevent that outcome."
>
> So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

"So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odysseus - Polyphemus

Οὖτις

-bdbafh

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Well Evans was on Mapei, and we all know what that means.....
>
> (I don't know what it means, but thought it sounds good)

And he was on Telekom if that means anything.

--
JT
****************************

Donald Munro wrote:

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Well Evans was on Mapei, and we all know what that means.....
>>
>> (I don't know what it means, but thought it sounds good)

> And he was on Telekom if that means anything.

An anagram of Telekom is Tom Klee. Klee is a Swiss version of the old
Middle Slavic form of Konicki, a fact I made up but let's not dwell on
that. Many times, U.S. immigration officials would phonetically spell
Konicki as Dumbass on the forms, which would shortly get anglicized to the
now more familiar form, Kunich. Telekom is hugely interested in artificial
intelligence and in making AIs seem more human, which is why they are
funding Schwartz with his research. But I'm probably the last one here to
figure all this out. I probably should just read the FAQ.

--
Bill Asher

On May 17, 3:33 pm, Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:16:43 +0200, Donald Munro
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Well Evans was on Mapei, and we all know what that means.....

> >> (I don't know what it means, but thought it sounds good)

> >And he was on Telekom if that means anything.

> If it didn't before, it does now, now that we all know - whatever it
> is that we all know.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

bjarne riis' number will come up sooner or later. a well-hidden
fuentes/riis relationship going back years would explain a lot.

On 17 May 2007 11:53:58 -0700, bar <[email protected]> wrote:

>bjarne riis' number will come up sooner or later. a well-hidden
>fuentes/riis relationship going back years would explain a lot.

Ah, that would be 60%, which ties back to 666, which resulted from a
misunderstanding - he thought Eddy said, "I sold my soul to the Devil"
when Eddy actually said, "I sold my sole to the Devil," meaning Didi
Senft and how he got rid of the rest of his fish dinner. Anyway, it
got him (Riis) a Tour win.

I always thought Eddy drew him in on purpose, otherwise, why would two
Europeans stand around speaking English?

And any suggestion that Fuentes is the Devil is purely supposition,
which on rbr is about as close to fact as we come.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On May 17, 9:04 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Two down, four to go. Of the four remaining, 5th placed Evans will be
> the toughest to take out. We might not have a French winner of the 2006
> Tour for a few more years.
>
> Bob Schwartz

There won't be another "French" winner of the TdF until some guy named
Beaudreaux or Maurice or ... (insert cajun-french name here) from
south Louisiana wins it. They'll claim him as one of their own, until
he toasts his win with Turbo Dog Ale from the Abita Brewery! Imagine
the outcry when he tests positive for boudin!

On 17 May 2007 07:47:11 -0700, MMan <[email protected]> wrote:

>So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

Looks like Kloden is the 2006 TdF winner then. Too bad he won't be
able to defend it this year, as he'll be working for Vino. Should
have stayed with T-Mobile Klodie.

J. Spaceman

On May 17, 9:18 pm, Jason Spaceman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On 17 May 2007 07:47:11 -0700, MMan <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

> Looks like Kloden is the 2006 TdF winner then. Too bad he won't be
> able to defend it this year, as he'll be working for Vino. Should
> have stayed with T-Mobile Klodie.
>
> J. Spaceman

T-Mobile are such morons ... watching Mazzoleni and Kloden run down
Michael Rogers on my TdF 2006 dvd on stage 16 when landis was "in
difficulty" really makes me want to vomit. If I were Rogers, i'd have
jumped off my bike right there and left the "team."

Kloden is a ****** and deserves the ass kicking he's about to get in
July --> Vino to Klodi: "go get me a bidon, *****."

"MMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> So who's going to win the 2006 TdF? My money's on Millar or Horner ...

So a convicted doper and a guy who has used bicycle racing as his sole
source of income as a single Dad raising kids?

On 5/17/07 11:52 AM, in article [email protected],
"William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Donald Munro wrote:
>
>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>>> Well Evans was on Mapei, and we all know what that means.....
>>>
>>> (I don't know what it means, but thought it sounds good)

>> And he was on Telekom if that means anything.
>>

> An anagram of Telekom is Tom Klee. Klee is a Swiss version of the old
> Middle Slavic form of Konicki, a fact I made up but let's not dwell on
> that. Many times, U.S. immigration officials would phonetically spell
> Konicki as Dumbass on the forms, which would shortly get anglicized to the
> now more familiar form, Kunich. Telekom is hugely interested in artificial
> intelligence and in making AIs seem more human, which is why they are
> funding Schwartz with his research. But I'm probably the last one here to
> figure all this out. I probably should just read the FAQ.

UCI needs to start implementing the "Six Degrees of Separation from Dopers"

>>Two down, four to go. Of the four remaining, 5th placed Evans will be
>>the toughest to take out. We might not have a French winner of the 2006
>>Tour for a few more years.

> Well Evans was on Mapei, and we all know what that means.....
>
> (I don't know what it means, but thought it sounds good)

If Evans is on anything, at least he puts on a darned good fake of suffering
badly at times.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com