PING: Clydesdale

I took your advice and had Curtlo make me a frame.

www.fatbelly.com

Came out pretty well - at least they nailed the setback.

The color looked better on their web page...but it's growing on me.

It might look a little weird, but it' going to do what I want it to do - which is provide me with a
hard-tail to ride for a change once inawhile and also something I can break apart, store in my
rooftop box, and use when an unexpected riding opportunity arises.
--
PeteCresswell

"(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I took your advice and had Curtlo make me a frame.
>
> www.fatbelly.com
>
> Came out pretty well - at least they nailed the setback.
>
> The color looked better on their web page...but it's growing on me.
>
> It might look a little weird, but it' going to do what I want it to do -
which
> is provide me with a hard-tail to ride for a change once inawhile and also something I can break
> apart, store in my rooftop box, and use when an
unexpected
> riding opportunity arises.
> --
> PeteCresswell

Yo, what are the white spaces on the rim?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

"D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I took your advice and had Curtlo make me a frame.
> >
> > www.fatbelly.com
> >
> > Came out pretty well - at least they nailed the setback.

Great bike! Looks supremely versatile. You'll be able to stop in a hurry, regardless of the weather.

> Yo, what are the white spaces on the rim?

Reflective tape (it has disc brakes, not rim brakes).

Rocketman

Rocketman wrote:
> "D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>> I took your advice and had Curtlo make me a frame.
>>>
>>> www.fatbelly.com
>>>
>>> Came out pretty well - at least they nailed the setback.
>
> Great bike! Looks supremely versatile. You'll be able to stop in a hurry, regardless of the
> weather.
>
>> Yo, what are the white spaces on the rim?
>
> Reflective tape (it has disc brakes, not rim brakes).
>
> Rocketman

yo, a great source for adhesive backed reflective tape is www.identi-tape.com

penny

"(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I took your advice and had Curtlo make me a frame.
>
> www.fatbelly.com
>
> Came out pretty well - at least they nailed the setback.

Cool. What dimensions/angles did you end up using on it?

> The color looked better on their web page...but it's growing on me.

What color is that - Dave's Green? Greenish Grey? The red on mine actually looks better in person
than on the web page..

> It might look a little weird, but it' going to do what I want it to do -

That's what it's all about. Since I got my Curtlo custom hardtail, I don't want to ride any of my
other bikes.

KLydesdale.

RE/
>Yo, what are the white spaces on the rim?

The net result of drinking too much coffee, not enough riding time, and fantasizing that if/when I
get stuck out after sundown (happened a couple times already...) that it would be nice to have some
built-in visibility while I'm trying to do the 5 miles or so between where I ride and home.

Bottom line: little hunks of reflective tape....

--
PeteCresswell

RE/
>Cool. What dimensions/angles did you end up using on it?
>
>> The color looked better on their web page...but it's growing on me.
>
>What color is that - Dave's Green? Greenish Grey? The red on mine actually looks better in person
>than on the web page..

Dunno the dimensions - sent Curtlo a note requesting same so I know where to start if I need
another one...

The biggie was enough setback to get my butt back on a usable area of the saddle when the rest of me
finds KOPS. About 11" - 2 or 3" more than than most bikes with the saddle up where I need it.

Dave's green. In real life, it looks more like olive drab - pretty close to the color on the "Funky
Monkey" that some brand has out.
--
PeteCresswell

RE/
>how's it handle in the tight twisties

Probably better than Yours Truly.... When the temps get back above 40, I'll get a chance
to find out.
--
PeteCresswell

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:
> RE/
>> Yo, what are the white spaces on the rim?
>
> The net result of drinking too much coffee, not enough riding time, and fantasizing that if/when I
> get stuck out after sundown (happened a couple times already...) that it would be nice to have
> some built-in visibility while I'm trying to do the 5 miles or so between where I ride and home.
>
> Bottom line: little hunks of reflective tape....

www.identi-tape.com.... look for the adhesive

RE/
>yo, a great source for adhesive backed reflective tape is www.identi-tape.com

Somebody else suggested finding a sign shop - that they had all kinds of the stuff. I used plain old
Scotch brand....it's OK, but not all that wonderful.

The stuff on the shocks, OTOH, is flat-out awsome.....
--
PeteCresswell

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:31:18 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I took your advice and had Curtlo make me a frame.
>
>www.fatbelly.com

nice, Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on
the trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

RE/
>>www.fatbelly.com
>
>nice, Bill ...one speed to rule them all,

Don't be mislead. There are fourteen of 'em hiding in that hub.
--
PeteCresswell

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:50:44 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>RE/
>>>www.fatbelly.com
>>
>>nice, Bill ...one speed to rule them all,
>
>Don't be mislead. There are fourteen of 'em hiding in that hub.

GTFO! Seriously?

still nice, Bill

...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the trails
pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

RE/
>> Rohloff.
>
>sounds like you are vomiting, whuzamaddah?

Ahhh! "Ralphing".... such memories!
--
PeteCresswell