recommend a reading light?

"Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> brightened my day with his incisive
wit when in news:WRo%[email protected] he conjectured
that:

>> I would never use candles in a tent.
>
> We don´t have them inside the inner tent but in the vestibule on the ground or placed in a bottle,
> often we have had no choise as we have been camping where there has been not electricity.

Hence my request about lamps :) Some great responses btw, I had no idea these LED lamps were so
useful and long lasting.

[email protected] (Timo Noko) brightened my day with his incisive
wit when in news:[email protected] he conjectured that:

> In article <[email protected]>, Walter Mitty wrote:
>>[email protected] (Timo Noko) brightened my day with his incisive wit when in news:c1iich$hav$1@phys-
>>news1.kolumbus.fi he conjectured that:

>>> (2000 mAh / 20 mA) = 100 hours continuously or 3 hours every night.

>>> European (or nordic) dish-washing liquid.
>>>

>>So 4 days then you spoofer!
>
> Ok, ok... But you can glue one of these 33mA solarpanels (2 euros) on top of the battery box and
> then it will work FOREVEEEERRRR!!!!!
>
> http://www.kolumbus.fi/timo.noko/etrex/index.html

Any idea where I can buy a "sun" to hang above it at night?

Walter Mitty wrote:

>[email protected] (Timo Noko) brightened my day with his incisive wit when in news:c1kvtt$qaj$1@phys-
>news1.kolumbus.fi he conjectured that:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>, Walter Mitty wrote:
>>>[email protected] (Timo Noko) brightened my day with his incisive wit when in news:c1iich$hav$1@phys-
>>>news1.kolumbus.fi he conjectured that:

>>>So 4 days then you spoofer!
>>
>> Ok, ok... But you can glue one of these 33mA solarpanels (2 euros) on top of the battery box and
>> then it will work FOREVEEEERRRR!!!!!
>>
>> http://www.kolumbus.fi/timo.noko/etrex/index.html
>>

>Any idea where I can buy a "sun" to hang above it at night?

Uhmmm ..... it would use the batteries at night?

Speaking of solar chargers (and noticing that Ken Kifer had been using one on his bike), is anyone
carrying solar chargers like this? (I don't like soldering and tinkering - and look at the prices):
http://www.siliconsolar.com/aa,_aaa,_c,_d_solar_battery_charger.htm

This seems like a great idea for touring.

--
*****************************
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Integrity is obvious. The lack of it

In article <L%40c.151$PR3.9543@attbi_s03>, Chuck Anderson wrote:
>Speaking of solar chargers (and noticing that Ken Kifer had been using one on his bike), is anyone
>carrying solar chargers like this? (I don't like soldering and tinkering - and look at the prices):
>http://www.siliconsolar.com/aa,_aaa,_c,_d_solar_battery_charger.htm
>
>This seems like a great idea for touring.

Both suck, because there is no charging indicator. Battery contacts become corroded very often and
require frequent cleaning. Hence witless and voltmeterless person has no way of knowing if the unit
is working.

And also: The smaller unit produces about 30mA. With 2300 mAH batteries you need 80 hours of
sunshine, almost TWO WEEKS, to charge those batteries. That is almost useless, unless you stay
months in wilderness and need very little power.