Recommendation for a Roberts bicycle

Mark

Guest
Hi,

When I bought my Roberts two years ago, I really meant to write to them
to thank them for making me such a wonderful machine. Unfortunately,
other things got in the way and I never got round to it... many
thousands of miles later, I stand here and look at this tailored piece
of perfection, and I feel the need to sing it's praises.

This is truly a bicycle for people that want to appreciate this planet
the way it was meant to be seen. The frame is quite simply superb; in
particular, the fillet braised joints are a masterpiece! For my tall
thin physic, it fitted far better than anything I could possible hope
for: attention to detail is exemplarity - components chosen to
complement each other in a way that I've only grown to appreciate
over time.

Having seen and bought so many bikes over the years, this is the first
I feel I owe something to.

Thank you!

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:01:44 -0700, Mark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I bought my Roberts two years ago, I really meant to write to them to
> thank them for making me such a wonderful machine.

What a lovely bike. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

If you are interested, I am organising a 'Dark Alleys of the East End'
ride in London in December.
No need to bring lights.

Mark wrote:

> When I bought my Roberts two years ago, I really meant to write to them
> to thank them for making me such a wonderful machine.

<snip>

Seconded by another Mark, this one without "roberts" in his mail
address... ;-)

My Audax has done 10,500 miles of commuting over four years (yes,
slacking, I know) and has been a pleasure to ride even in the most
atrocious conditions.

I was nervous about spending four figures on a bike, but don;t regret a
penny of it.

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/

"Mark Tranchant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark wrote:
>
>> When I bought my Roberts two years ago, I really meant to write to them
>> to thank them for making me such a wonderful machine.

> <snip>
>
> Seconded by another Mark, this one without "roberts" in his mail
> address... ;-)
>
> My Audax has done 10,500 miles of commuting over four years (yes,
> slacking, I know) and has been a pleasure to ride even in the most
> atrocious conditions.
>
> I was nervous about spending four figures on a bike, but don;t regret a
> penny of it.
>
> --
> Mark.
> http://tranchant.plus.com/

And I can second (or third) that. I am absolutely delighted with my Roberts.

Rudi

You could call me a cheerleader for Roberts, since I'm on my fifth. One for
each season plus my wife's. Bicycles? Nah. This is art.

news:[email protected]...

Mark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I bought my Roberts two years ago, I really meant to write to them
> to thank them for making me such a wonderful machine.
> thousands of miles later, I stand here and look at this tailored piece
> of perfection, and I feel the need to sing it's praises.
>
> This is truly a bicycle for people that want to appreciate this planet
> the way it was meant to be seen. The frame is quite simply superb; in
> particular, the fillet braised joints are a masterpiece!

Yes they are superb aren't they. Both my wife and I ride them.
My Roberts was my bike of choice when I took a maintenance session for a
large national DIY chain this afternoon :)

Its sad that the number of quality British frame building craftsmen is
declining and the market is flooded with Taiwan built bikes all from the
same factories, but with different continental sounding names :-(

I'm sure you'll enjoy your bike for many years.

John B