Singlespeed Parts Scrounge

Gags

Guest
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I am in the process of
turning an old mtb into a singlespeed. My old bike had
Shimano STX-RC centre pull brakes and I am hoping to replace
them with V-brakes if I can score a set cheap enough.

If anyone based in Melbourne has some old V-brakes gathering
dust in the shed and wants to get rid of them for a
reasonable price then could you please let me know. I have a
right side (front) V brake lever (deore) so I would be keen
to try and get a hold of a left side (rear) lever. The STX-
RC levers had the gear shift built in and I am also unsure
as to how centre pull levers would go with v brakes as I
have heard that they have a different pull rate or
something.

Cheers

Gags

Originally posted by Gags
If anyone based in Melbourne has some old V-brakes gathering
dust in the shed and wants to get rid of them for a
reasonable price then could you please let me know.

I#m in Germany at the moment (so anz typos are this stupid keyboard#s fault!!) but when I get back, ask me again as I have some parts available. I know I have a set of Deore calipers at least.

hippy

> Gags wrote:
> > If anyone based in Melbourne has some old V-brakes
> > gathering dust in
the
> > shed and wants to get rid of them for a reasonable
> > price then could
you
> > please let me know.
>

> I#m in Germany at the moment (so anz typos are this stupid
> keyboard#s fault!!) but when I get back, ask me again as I
> have some parts available. I know I have a set of Deore
> calipers at least.
>
> hippy

Cheers Hippy,

I will keep an eye out here for your return......enjoy your
trip (lucky bugger)

Gags

>Originally posted by Gags
>As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I am in the process
>of turning an old mtb into a singlespeed. My old bike had
>Shimano STX-RC centre pull brakes and I am hoping to
>replace them with V-brakes if I can score a set cheap enough.

I'm back in Oz now.. remind me what you want and I can look...

hippy