training at young age

roger89 said:
Smart/RST,

I wanna ask u. I'm 16 and the rides I do is on a MTB. I don't ride for miles just like u said a pro or something, instead I kindda ride more on hills. I don't really have high hills around my area but just about 4 small hills that I could find and have a road up. I do it almost everyday, whenever I could. After the rides, I don't think I have any knee problems. Question is, is this kind of training/ride bad for me at this age?

Thanks.
Hey, Roger, did you manage to get over to Joo Ngan's Shop? You may want to get him to check your position on your bike. To prevent knee problems, spin, spin, spin.

Eoin

Hey Eoin, I haven't. I don't think I would want my parents to send me there, so, can u help me with the directions to his shop? :)

Let's see. From the highway(take left to go the main road infront of Ampang Point), which was should I take from "the highway"? I think there's another way to Ampang too I guess, by the Jelatek stesen..

roger89 said:
Hey Eoin, I haven't. I don't think I would want my parents to send me there, so, can u help me with the directions to his shop? :)

Let's see. From the highway(take left to go the main road infront of Ampang Point), which was should I take from "the highway"? I think there's another way to Ampang too I guess, by the Jelatek stesen..
Roger,
If you are coming down Ulu Kelang (away from Genting), there is a flyover that goes over Jln Ampang. Stay left (don't go over the flyover) and go straight through the 1st set of lights. The 2nd set of lights allows you to turn right onto Jln Ampang. After you turn right (towards town), there are a few shop fronts on the left before you join Jln Ampang proper. Joo Ngan is in the second block.

Thanks Eoin. I got the picture now. I plan to go there this Saturday morning 9.30am onwards. I hope it wont be traffic busy. Do you have any suggestion which day or part of a day I should ride there on the road?

Is his shop open Monday-Saturday? Sunday closed right?

Thanks.

roger89 said:
Thanks Eoin. I got the picture now. I plan to go there this Saturday morning 9.30am onwards. I hope it wont be traffic busy. Do you have any suggestion which day or part of a day I should ride there on the road?

Is his shop open Monday-Saturday? Sunday closed right?

Thanks.
His shop is open on Saturdays (about 10:00 I think), and on Sundays usually for a while. Give them a call on 4257 5249 to make sure.

roger89 said:
Smart/RST,

I wanna ask u. I'm 16 and the rides I do is on a MTB. I don't ride for miles just like u said a pro or something, instead I kindda ride more on hills. I don't really have high hills around my area but just about 4 small hills that I could find and have a road up. I do it almost everyday, whenever I could. After the rides, I don't think I have any knee problems. Question is, is this kind of training/ride bad for me at this age?

Thanks.
Not at all; so long as you are generally maintaining cadences above 80rpm (while seated), riding hills vs. flats is really not significantly different.