Trek 5200 Frame Alignment

Oldbluejeans

Guest
I have a Trek 5200 and I noticed that the rear wheel seems off center to the left of the bike, ie
the distance from the rim to the chainstay is closer on the left than on the right. Ok, this could
be caused by the rear wheel not being dished enough. But recently I purchased a set of HED 3 wheels,
and you can't redish them, same alignment. Then, on a club ride, I checked several other Trek 5200s,
same thing. Is this normal?

this would have on performance?

And if you are using HED's, that's it, nothing you can do.

John

I will have to check mine. did you check with the old fishing line around the head tube trick to see
if it is actually the frame?

> I will have to check mine. did you check with the old fishing line around the head tube trick to
> see if it is actually the frame?

Now i get why Shimano makes cycling- and fishing equipment!