Triathlon and groin / inguinal hernia

angelfire4xx

Guest
Just letting members know of a new story on our website. Ironman Roy
trained for a triathlon and completed the event although he had a groin
hernia. To treat himself while training, he used a combination of
Pilates exercises and a Flat Pad support garment that does not dig into
the hernia. You can read his diary at
http://www.herniabible.com
There's also a forum at the site.
The site is for (and about) people with hernias who have not opted for
surgery, or are waiting for surgery. We created it because we could not
find anything much on the web about non-surgical options. Hernia belts
and trusses are available for sale but surgeons say they often don't
fit well enough to keep the hernia in at all times. (And they can have
hard round pads which dig into the hernia).

The Flat Pad (TM) support is available from
http://www.groin-hernia.com/hernia-support.html
We'd love to hear from you if you've decided not to have hernia repair
surgery just yet, and if you'd like to have your story put on our
website. Email me at
linda[at]thesupportcompany-uk.com

Linda

substitute @ for [at]

angelfire4xx wrote:
> Just letting members know of a new story on our website. Ironman Roy
> trained for a triathlon and completed the event although he had a groin
> hernia. To treat himself while training, he used a combination of
> Pilates exercises and a Flat Pad support garment that does not dig into
> the hernia. You can read his diary at
> http://www.herniabible.com
> There's also a forum at the site.
> The site is for (and about) people with hernias who have not opted for
> surgery, or are waiting for surgery. We created it because we could not
> find anything much on the web about non-surgical options. Hernia belts
> and trusses are available for sale but surgeons say they often don't
> fit well enough to keep the hernia in at all times. (And they can have
> hard round pads which dig into the hernia).
>
> The Flat Pad (TM) support is available from
> http://www.groin-hernia.com/hernia-support.html
> We'd love to hear from you if you've decided not to have hernia repair
> surgery just yet, and if you'd like to have your story put on our
> website. Email me at
> linda[at]thesupportcompany-uk.com
>
> Linda
>
> substitute @ for [at]

I had a inguinal hernia. I started my tri training after the surgery.
It will take a few weeks to be able to run again after the surgery but
when it is done, you are good as new. My surgeon used the patch. A
nylon like mesh that allows the muscle fibers to weave through it. I
can occasionally feel a bump in the patch area but rarely any discomfort.