Trolling for Mike and Terri

Terri Alvillar wrote:

>>However - my local officially sponsored trail in the UK is protected forestry land. The simple
>>fact that the trail is present will keep the land from being developed. And will protect the
>>habitat of the wildlife for as long as there are MTB riders visiting the place. The more riders,
>>the more opposition there would be to significant changes to that environment.
>>
>>You're right though - it doesnt take much to entertain a mountain biker.
>>

> Please provide the name of the agency which is protecting forestry land on account of a mountain
> biking trail. Thank you.

The Forestry Commission.

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:49:55 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>. .QED, my ****. You assume that everyone is American and that a constitution .has anything to
>do with it.
>
>It's a waste of time talking with someone afraid to use his real name.

Sidestepping the main point, again, I see.

Pete H

--
Reforms come from below; no man with four aces asks for a redeal. anon.

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 04:57:27 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>.> . .> .Ok, but thats besides the point. .> .> Glad you agree with me. . .No, I was saying
>"whatever, I don't feel like arguing on that point".
>
>Too late to deny it. You said "Ok".

You're clutching at sematic straws here. Is it possible you do not understand the vernacular?

Pete H

--

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>Especially when you can't possibly refute me....

Quite true. Empty blatherings are impossible to refute - only point out.

Pete H

--

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 05:49:26 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .>On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 04:57:27 GMT, Jonathan Bond
.><[email protected]> wrote: .> .>.> . .>.> .Ok, but thats besides the point.
.>.> .>.> Glad you agree with me. .>. .>.No, I was saying "whatever, I don't feel like arguing on
that point". .> .>Too late to deny it. You said "Ok". .> .> .> .> .You're clutching at sematic
straws here. Is it possible you do not .understand the vernacular?

No. I got straight A's in English. You are just LYING - nothing new to mountain bikers.

.Pete H

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 05:45:29 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .>On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:49:55 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
wrote: .> .> .>. .>.QED, my ****. You assume that everyone is American and that a constitution
.>.has anything to do with it. .> .>It's a waste of time talking with someone afraid to use his real
name. .> .> .> .Sidestepping the main point, again, I see.

You would say that, since you are also afraid to use your real name.

.Pete H

===

In article <[email protected]>, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

>No. I got straight A's in English. You are just LYING - nothing new to mountain bikers.

Hey Mike,

Everything I say is a lie. True?

LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Did you know that 90% of North Americans cannot taste the difference between
fried dog and fried cat?

Pete Hickey wrote:
> Everything I say is a lie. True?

Can't see if your lips are moving or not, how we supposed to know.

Ed Huesers

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 01:48:23 GMT, [email protected] (Pete Hickey) wrote:

.In article <[email protected]>, .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote: . .>No. I got straight A's in English. You are just LYING - nothing new to mountain .>bikers.
. . .Hey Mike, .
. Everything I say is a lie. True?

Not everything. Only when your mouth is open.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 05:49:26 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .>On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 04:57:27 GMT, Jonathan Bond
>.><[email protected]> wrote: .> .>.> . .>.> .Ok, but thats besides the point.
>.>.> .>.> Glad you agree with me. .>. .>.No, I was saying "whatever, I don't feel like arguing on
>that point". .> .>Too late to deny it. You said "Ok". .> .> .> .> .You're clutching at sematic
>straws here. Is it possible you do not .understand the vernacular?
>
>No. I got straight A's in English. You are just LYING - nothing new to mountain bikers.
>
>.Pete H

As I thought: 1) clutching at semantic straws - confusing an idiomatic phraseology with agreement
which the original poster did not intend.

How can my pointing out such a thing, either correctly or incorrectly, be construed as "lying" if
there's no evidence I'm deliberately trying to mislead?

Dunno how this sweeping generality applies to mountain bikers. I've already stated some while back
that I am not a mountain biker nor do I even know any except a few who post on this NG.

Pete H

--

Mike Vandeman wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 05:45:29 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .>On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:49:55 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
>wrote: .> .> .>. .>.QED, my ****. You assume that everyone is American and that a constitution
>.>.has anything to do with it. .> .>It's a waste of time talking with someone afraid to use his
>real name. .> .> .> .Sidestepping the main point, again, I see.
>
>You would say that, since you are also afraid to use your real name.
>
>.Pete H

Do you use boilerplate responses? My Mother would rather surprised to learn that my name isn't

Pete H

--

In article <[email protected]>, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:
>Mike Vandeman wrote:

>>No. I got straight A's in English. You are just LYING - nothing new to mountain bikers.

> I've already stated some while back that I am not a mountain biker nor do I even know any except a
> few who post on this NG.

Proof that you are lying.

Mountain bikers lie. You claim you are not a mountain biker. you are lying you must be a
mountain biker.

You can't escape his logic. No matter what you say, you are wrong..... I love it!

Pete Hickey wrote:

>>I've already stated some while back that I am not a mountain biker nor do I even know any except a
>>few who post on this NG.
>>

>Proof that you are lying.
>
> Mountain bikers lie. You claim you are not a mountain biker. you are lying you must be a
> mountain biker.
>
>You can't escape his logic. No matter what you say, you are wrong..... I love it!

It's so pathetically easy to spot his errors in logic, his grandiose generalities, his unsupported
&/or insupportable assumtions, his total indifference to data.............

My only concern is that someone even dimmer in the dome than he will take all this nonsense
seriously.

Pete H

--

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 05:51:26 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .>On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 05:45:29 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote: .>
.>.Mike Vandeman wrote: .>. .>.>On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:49:55 +1200, "Westie"
<[email protected]> wrote: .>.> .>.> .>.>. .>.>.QED, my ****. You assume that everyone is
American and that a constitution .>.>.has anything to do with it. .>.> .>.>It's a waste of time
talking with someone afraid to use his real name. .>.> .>.> .>.> .>.Sidestepping the main point,
again, I see. .> .>You would say that, since you are also afraid to use your real name. .> .>.Pete H
.> .> .> .> .Do you use boilerplate responses? My Mother would rather surprised to .learn that my
name isn't . .Pete H

Your last name is "H"? Liar!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Pete Hickey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Mike Vandeman wrote:
>
> >>No. I got straight A's in English. You are just LYING - nothing new to
mountain
> >>bikers.
>
> > I've already stated some while back that I am not a mountain biker nor do I even know any except
> > a few who post on this NG.
>
> Proof that you are lying.
>
> Mountain bikers lie. You claim you are not a mountain biker. you are lying you must be a
> mountain biker.
>
> You can't escape his logic. No matter what you say, you are wrong..... I love it!

It's great,isn't it? I'm enjoying it as an exercise in understanding the finer points of futility at
the moment. <grin> So far the most intelligent response that I've gotten from him so far is "DUH!".
While I'm kinda disappointed that someone that got straight A's in English has to resort to using
"Duh", I'm happy that he's replied with a word that has a fairly straight forward interpretation.
--
Westie

>.>.> .>.>It's a waste of time talking with someone afraid to use his real name. .>.> .>.> .>.>
>.>.Sidestepping the main point, again, I see. .>

>.>You would say that, since you are also afraid to use your real name. .> .>.Pete H .> .> .> .>
>.Do you use boilerplate responses? My Mother would rather surprised to .learn that my name isn't
>. .Pete H

>Your last name is "H"? Liar!
>===

Christ - looks like I woke up this morning, and turned 12 again... Time to get ready for school....

Hang on - I'm 32 !

You all might like to go back a bit in this thread to an earlier sub-branch - it gets a bit more
constructive there. Mrs Alvillar responded - but as yet, no Mr Vandeman input.

CandT (Name has been changed to protect my right of anonymity, a right that everyone has.)

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 06:40:46 GMT, CandT wrote:

MV wrote:
>>Your last name is "H"? Liar!
>
> Christ - looks like I woke up this morning, and turned 12 again... Time to get ready for
> school....

My daughter was 12 just six months ago - they argue MUCH more intelligently than Vandeman. He's more
like a 6-year-old.

> everyone has.)

No kidding. Its important when you have a flaming nut-case who calls people at work and tries to get
them fired for discussing on the NG (MV's done this multiple times).

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 06:40:46 GMT, CandT <[email protected]> wrote:

.>.>.> .>.>.>It's a waste of time talking with someone afraid to use his real name. .>.>.> .>.>.>
.>.>.> .>.>.Sidestepping the main point, again, I see. .>.> . . .>.>You would say that, since you
are also afraid to use your real name. .>.> .>.>.Pete H .>.> .>.> .>.> .>.> .>.Do you use
boilerplate responses? My Mother would rather surprised to .>.learn that my name isn't .>. .>.Pete H
. . .> .>Your last name is "H"? Liar! .>=== . .Christ - looks like I woke up this morning, and
turned 12 again... Time to get .ready for school.... . .Hang on - I'm 32 ! . .You all might like to
Alvillar responded - but as yet, no Mr .Vandeman input. . .CandT (Name has been changed to protect
my right of anonymity, a right that .everyone has.)

So, as I said, you are afraid to use your real name. That's usually because someone is LYING.
===

On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 00:04:43 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:

>.CandT (Name has been changed to protect my right of anonymity, a right that .everyone has.)
>
>So, as I said, you are afraid to use your real name. That's usually because someone is LYING.
>===

Good lord, thats appalling, I had started to give you the benefit of the doubt, but as I can see by
your faultless logic, (connecting a psuedonymous post and its level of truthfullness), that it look
like the majority of people in this group were right after all.

It's a shame, because I had hoped to engage in a more constructive discussion.

CandT

>I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
>help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
>http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"CandT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 00:04:43 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >.CandT (Name has been changed to protect my right of anonymity, a right
that
> >.everyone has.)
> >
> >So, as I said, you are afraid to use your real name. That's usually
because
> >someone is LYING.
> >===
>
> Good lord, thats appalling, I had started to give you the benefit of the
doubt,
> but as I can see by your faultless logic, (connecting a psuedonymous post
and
> its level of truthfullness), that it look like the majority of people in
this
> group were right after all.
>
> It's a shame, because I had hoped to engage in a more constructive
discussion.

> CandT

And that is why they are called 'Trolls'. ;^)

Mike