Velonews: Hincapie Racing Becomes Holowesko-citadel For 2016

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
SkujinsWinsATOC3_515-0041-320x213.jpg
Toms Skujins delivered one of Hincapie Racing's biggest wins in 2016, stage 3 of the Amgen Tour of California. Photo: Casey B. Gibson | www.cbgphoto.com
After a season that saw the Hincapie Racing team collect wins at the Amgen Tour of California, USA Cycling Team Time Trial National Championships, Winston-Salem Cycling Classic, Cascade Cycling Classic, and North Star Gran Prix, the team will return in 2016 with new title sponsors. The development outfit will be known as the Holowesko-Citadel Racing Team, and it will keep Hincapie Sportswear as a “presenting” sponsor.
“I am excited and proud to continue my support of this team and the Hincapie family,” said Mark Holowesko. “George and Rich continue to produce a program and team that is able to compete at the highest levels of cycling while concentrating on development of riders and the sport. This combination of successful competition and development is unparalleled in cycling, and it is exciting to be part of the program next year.”
Ken Griffin, CEO of investment management company Citadel, echoed Holowesko’s sentiments. “Rich and George Hincapie are doing incredible work to provide the next generation with an opportunity to pursue their goals as professional cyclists. I’m very proud of what these young riders have accomplished and to support the team again in 2016, both as a sponsor and as a fan.” Hincapie Racing capped off the 2016 season by winning both the NRC individual and team designations.
Mavic and Felt Bicycles will also sponsor the UCI Continental team for 2016. Its final roster has been finalized and will be announced in the next few weeks.
The post Hincapie Racing becomes Holowesko-Citadel for 2016 appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article