Volae Recumbents

Sassysal

Oct 9, 2004
Anyone reading the forums own or have ridden a Volae recumbent? I would sure like to know your thoughts.

Thanks...Sassysal

Sassysal said:
Anyone reading the forums own or have ridden a Volae recumbent? I would sure like to know your thoughts.

Thanks...Sassysal

I own a Volae Sport and its a Great bike! Climbs very good on hills, fast on flat roads, im able to get up to speeds of 30 mphs.
I also own a vision r40 and i tell you, since geting this Volae bike, i have given up on my old bike!

Volae is a very well made bicycle, Lov mine!

Tom
Kentucky
http://www.hostelshoppe.com/images/products/lb_05vol_sport.jpg

Sassysal said:

Thanks...Sassysal

I own a Volae Team and a Bacchetta Aero. Both are great bikes. You can't go wrong with either.

I one a Volae club. Wouldn't part with it for anything. Price/performance was stellar, and Hostel Shoppe were really good to me

They look good, they sound good.

Is it true that Volae have very limited outlets so that test riding one is difficult?

skymax said:
They look good, they sound good.

Is it true that Volae have very limited outlets so that test riding one is difficult?
That's be fair to say. Volae is a store brand. Hostelshoppe created the brand because they sell a lot through mail order and Bacchetta doesn't allow dealers to sell their bikes that way. So the Volaes are just a similar design that CAN be sold via mail order/Internet. Volae has a liberal like-it-or-return-it policy to compensate for the lack of a dealer network.

skymax said:
I wonder if that applies to overseas customers?
Em, no it does'nt, understandable given the distance.
They look good though.