Wanted .. Presta -> Schraeder converters ...

elyob

Guest
Anyone know where to get "little to big" valve convertors? I need about 6
.... not sure where to get some without paying £2 each ...

Thanks

p.s. I'm being pikey, but not wanting to pay £12 for something so simple. Ta

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone know where to get "little to big" valve convertors? I need about 6

I was going to contrive a witty response about this being a group about
BIcycles but I thought better of it :)

..

elyob wrote:

> Anyone know where to get "little to big" valve convertors? I need about 6
> ... not sure where to get some without paying £2 each ...

Kool Stop Valve Adapters, 50p from a well known online supplier often
recommended on this NG. Along with some very dodgy valve caps.

elyob wrote:
> Anyone know where to get "little to big" valve convertors? I need about 6
> ... not sure where to get some without paying £2 each ...
>
> Thanks
>
> p.s. I'm being pikey, but not wanting to pay £12 for something so simple. Ta
> ..

where have you seen them for £2? I need one, as the several I have are
either too short or do not have a rubber seal. I would prefer a presta
only whole shebang with gauge to go on the end of the Argos track pump
which is very good other than having a plastic convertor; I swapped it
with a brass Tchibo one but that's too short; as you say; Size Matters
;-).

elyob wrote:
> Anyone know where to get "little to big" valve convertors? I need
> about 6 ... not sure where to get some without paying £2 each ...
>
> Thanks
>
> p.s. I'm being pikey, but not wanting to pay £12 for something so
> simple. Ta ..

It's worth avoiding the most common ones as they leak -- there's nothing
more an annoying than a leaky connector when you're trying to pump your
tyre up. In fact the worst ones hardly work at all. The adapters Wiggle
sell /look/ like a good one with an o-ring I got from SJS some time ago.

One adapter is good to carry for emergencies, but why six? Why not use
presta pumps?

~PB

"Pete Biggs" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> elyob wrote:
>> Anyone know where to get "little to big" valve convertors? I need
>> about 6 ... not sure where to get some without paying £2 each ...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> p.s. I'm being pikey, but not wanting to pay £12 for something so
>> simple. Ta ..

> It's worth avoiding the most common ones as they leak -- there's nothing
> more an annoying than a leaky connector when you're trying to pump your
> tyre up. In fact the worst ones hardly work at all. The adapters Wiggle
> sell /look/ like a good one with an o-ring I got from SJS some time ago.
>
> One adapter is good to carry for emergencies, but why six? Why not use
> presta pumps?

Thanks all, I've got them from wiggle. Ended up getting four. The reason is
two fold, one I want to carry, one for my track pump (replace the crappy one
it came with), and two for my tireflys I just bought. I do have a presta
pump, but sometimes leave it behind as I have one pump between two bikes.

The other two were just spares :)