What do the italians call a a dream machine, like a really nice bike?

alienator said:
That it be.
So the reason you mocked people before who paid up for sweet Italian machines instead of a Walmart offering was because you couldn't afford a sweet Italian machine before?... :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's okay to get a quality frame if you're a classy cyclist like yourself who appreciates the difference in quality that the extra moulah buys.

Sounds like you are proud of your new ride... self righteous hypocrite.

Crankyfeet said:
So the reason you mocked people before who paid up for sweet Italian machines instead of a Walmart offering was because you couldn't afford a sweet Italian machine before?... :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's okay to get a quality frame if you're a classy cyclist like yourself who appreciates the difference in quality that the extra moulah buys.

Sounds like you are proud of your new ride... self righteous hypocrite.
You're such a ****ing tool. How precarious of you to stray away from your ego-stroking J.O. thread and post with us mere cycling mortals.

Quick, write back with a biting retort to keep up your post count. Heaven forbid you actually distance yourself from a keyboard long enough to allow the helium to escape that giant cranium of yours. Better yet, send in your cheerleading squad for a few rah-rahs. Hey Mickey........

Scotty_Dog said:
You're such a ****ing tool. How precarious of you to stray away from your ego-stroking J.O. thread and post with us mere cycling mortals.

Quick, write back with a biting retort to keep up your post count. Heaven forbid you actually distance yourself from a keyboard long enough to allow the helium to escape that giant cranium of yours. Better yet, send in your cheerleading squad for a few rah-rahs. Hey Mickey........
Look... it's an alienator groupie. Likely a voyeur of forum bully-beatings. It pains me imagining you sitting at home getting really riled up at my post. I feel your hurt... :)

And being a LeMond hater, by default makes you a Lance (and probably a Floyd) supporter, which no doubt makes you a doping apologist. The last couple of years must have been painful... :(

"How precarious of you"?? You sure you found the right word there?... :confused: The subject matter in the Bike Cafe is a little out of my depth I suppose...

And keep reading the J.O. thread. You must enjoy it ... :D . Come on, admit it you little dog, Scotty... you read it a lot... ;)

I see you are learning the skills of gutter language and off-the-point personal attacks from your mentor. Unmoderated forums are great though for this because it's really just an anonymous battle of wits isn't it? . . . :D

But don't argue the point. That would be precarious of you.

alienator said:
Yeah, ignoring your hypocritical ****, it is a nice bike. I thought you were getting the 585? Now it looks (pun unintended) like we have the same frame... but I'm waiting for a different groupset. If I have to wait much longer though it's going to be Campy.

alienator said:
This is French for "dream machine":

very nice bike dude.The positioning of the logos force anyone to pay attention to that bike! I was wondering what was attached to those zipp cages, that's if you recall a earlier post I made about the purchasing of mine. By the way what kind of wheels are you running?

gemship said:
very nice bike dude.The positioning of the logos force anyone to pay attention to that bike! I was wondering what was attached to those zipp cages, that's if you recall a earlier post I made about the purchasing of mine. By the way what kind of wheels are you running?

LEW VT-1 tubulars.

alienator said:
This is French for "dream machine":
From colour scheme i understood that this is Ultra model? If so, does not an extra stiffnes sacricfice to ride comfort on bad, i mean, realy bad roads? I actualy was looking on 585, they come in origin/ ultra as wel. And would 585 be a lot worse than 595 (as it is a lot cheaper)- maybe someone have rode them both.

catlike said:
From colour scheme i understood that this is Ultra model? If so, does not an extra stiffnes sacricfice to ride comfort on bad, i mean, realy bad roads? I actualy was looking on 585, they come in origin/ ultra as wel. And would 585 be a lot worse than 595 (as it is a lot cheaper)- maybe someone have rode them both.

No, it's an '08 Origin. As for ride on rough roads, it's all in the tires: decreasing the pressure by 5-10 psi makes all the difference.

alienator said:
No, it's an '08 Origin. As for ride on rough roads, it's all in the tires: decreasing the pressure by 5-10 psi makes all the difference.
So, all those conclusions in bikes tests like "light and stiff jet comfotable", "a little flexy for sprinters", "too stiff for centuries", those are pure tricks of marketing? I mean is there any sensible diference in performance of frames like LOOK 585-595, Cervelo rs-r3sl, Time vxr-edge, Trek madone black- red- white, Giant tcr advanced (t800)-tcr c(t700).

I know i can read the reviews on roadbikereview, but is anyone who just bought an 5000$ bike gona tell that he can't feel the diference from this to that of 3000$? Everyone is telling- that of 3000 was good, but this is so much better... Placebo? Besides how true the conclusions can be, if the components (wheels) on more expensive frames are often better (more expensive)?