wheel rebuild in the SF East Bay area

Michael Buettne

Guest
I've got a wheel built by Colorado Cyclist a few years back. The rim, a Mavic Reflex SUP, has
failed, but the Dura Ace hub is perfectly fine. I'd like a recommendation for a shop in the SF Easy
Bay that will build a high quality wheel. In years past I would have used Wheelsmith, but they are
no longer.

Thanks!

Michael,

Check out:

Robinson Bicycle Wheel Works 1235 Macarthur Boulevard, San Leandro, CA 94577
(510) 352-4663

Harry

news:[email protected]...

Michael Buettner writes:

> I've got a wheel built by Colorado Cyclist a few years back. The rim, a Mavic Reflex SUP, has
> failed, but the Dura Ace hub is perfectly fine. I'd like a recommendation for a shop in the SF
> Easy Bay that will build a high quality wheel. In years past I would have used Wheelsmith, but
> they are no longer.

I am interested in what failed and under what circumstances. In any case, you can probably do better
by rebuilding that wheel yourself and in the process become self sufficient in wheels, just as you
probably have in repairing flat tires (I hope). First off don't take the spokes out of the old wheel
unless you plan to use a different type of rim that will demand different length spokes.

With the aid of a book that you should be able to get in your bicycle shop, you can build as good
or better wheels that you can buy. It can lead you through the process and get you a true and
durable wheel.

Jobst Brandt [email protected]