Zits help

kayla

Oct 22, 2003
I am a vegetarin. I always have zits in my mouth and I bite my tongue. What should I eat or drink to get help me get rid of these problems.

Hi Kayla, I don't think those are zits, or pimples, they are more likely to be some kind of aphte or "cold-sore" that can have any number of causes, either nutritional (like lack of vit C) or virus-related... As always, the best advice is to get qualified medical advice. I stress the qualified part.

As for biting your tingue, I do it too. Some folks bite their nails, some folks bite their tongue. Probably just a nervous habit.

As a vegetarian you have to watch your nutrition closely to be sure you're really eating corrctly.

take care,
Sara

Originally posted by kayla
I am a vegetarin. I always have zits in my mouth and I bite my tongue. What should I eat or drink to get help me get rid of these problems.

If their cold sores 500mg of lysine once a day will do the trick.. prevents breakouts of cold sores. you can get it at any GNC.. my wife gets the same thing when she accidently bites the inside of her mouth every once in a while. Herpes Simplex virus.. about 200 million americans have it. :)

nico

Originally posted by kayla