Anyone Into Anime?

I love sports anime, and this one looks really cool! I've never actually watched a sports anime that's about a sport that I enjoy, so I think I would enjoy a cycling anime a lot. I've heard of Yowamushi Pedal, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Bark said:
I love sports anime, and this one looks really cool! I've never actually watched a sports anime that's about a sport that I enjoy, so I think I would enjoy a cycling anime a lot. I've heard of Yowamushi Pedal, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Bark, I've really gotten into sports anime the last few years and this is probably one of the best i've seen so far. I've watched Haikyuu, Kuroko's Basketball, Hajime no Ippo...

AtlantaSports said:
Yep. I'm about to start Deadman Wonderland.
A good show, but its too short at only 13 episodes. Have you ever watched Parasyte the Maxim?

I like a couple of animes. My favourite one at the moment is Girls und Panzer. It's a great show and I think I like it so much because of all the WWII era tanks they feature in it. My avatar is of one of the characters.

Uawadall said:
Bark, I've really gotten into sports anime the last few years and this is probably one of the best i've seen so far. I've watched Haikyuu, Kuroko's Basketball, Hajime no Ippo...
That's really high praise! I watched and adored Haikyuu. (Super excited for Haikyuu 2 this fall.) I'll have to push Yowamushi Pedal further up my list.

What was the first anime you watched?

Mine was Azumanga Daioh and after all these years I still have a soft spot for it. Sadly it seems like it's being slowly forgotten.

Susimi said:

Mine was Azumanga Daioh and after all these years I still have a soft spot for it. Sadly it seems like it's being slowly forgotten.
Dragonball Z(in fan dub before it even reached American tv), Fist of the North Star, Guyver, Devilman, Many Miyazaki movies( including Castle Cagliastro, Nausicaa Valley of the wind).

I've never watched Azumanga Daioh, but have heard of it

Thinking about it, I tell a lie.

The first anime I watched must have been the Pokemon TV series when I was a kid. At the time it was on a lot and on a lot of channels so it was hard not to miss it. The first "true" anime I watched was Azumanga.

I saw Dragonball Z being shown on TV a lot but I just couldn't get into it for some reason. I don't think it was for me.

I am into anime. I find them quite refreshing and I watch a few episodes when I'm back from a tedious day of work or after a pleasant bycicle ride! :)

Susimi said:

Osaka is the best!

My first anime was when I didn't know what anime was, it was a random ep of Sailor Moon.

What was the first manga you ever read?

Reactions: Susimi
evelin said:
I am into anime. I find them quite refreshing and I watch a few episodes when I'm back from a tedious day of work or after a pleasant bycicle ride! :)
Funny that you would mention that, because when I cycle indoors, I have an iPad that I watch anime with. Time flies by surprisingly fast when you're watching something that interests you.

Yowamushi Pedal and Grande Road season 2. I enjoyed it. It's drawn well and I like the theme music and music videos from Magic of Life/Dirty Old Men and Rookies Iz Punk'd.

It's the only anime I've actually watched so I can't compare it to anything, but as cycling media goes, it held my interest pretty well.

CAMPYBOB said:
Yowamushi Pedal and Grande Road season 2. I enjoyed it. It's drawn well and I like the theme music and music videos from Magic of Life/Dirty Old Men and Rookies Iz Punk'd.

It's the only anime I've actually watched so I can't compare it to anything, but as cycling media goes, it held my interest pretty well.
Just curious, but how did you hear about the show?

I don't remember how or where I heard about Yowamushi Pedal. As a rule, I find anime to be pretty creepy and there's some really weird stuff in YP episodes, too.

The firearm boards I frequent have a bunch of the younger crowd that's into all kinds of anime, so I may have heard about it on one of the gun forums or on one of the cycling forums.

I think I've seen all of the Grande Road season episodes. The plot is pretty predictable, but the 'lessons' of Japanese society and cycling are interesting, if a bit stereotypical. Good music...a bit over-produced, but the musicians have genuine talent. Lyrics are a bit on the heroic side, but when you sign with an anime band label, I guess that goes with the territory?

Like I said, I'm certainly no expert on anime, but I enjoyed most of the YP series.

coffee_minion said:
Osaka is the best!

My first anime was when I didn't know what anime was, it was a random ep of Sailor Moon.

What was the first manga you ever read?
Damn right Osaka is the best! I just love the way she views things differently compared to her peers.

The first manga I got into was Yotsuba&! It's pretty much a slice of life manga following the adventures of a young child. I'm a sucker for cute stuff.

Reactions: coffee_minion
Not really into anime, but my friends are into it a little bit. I know one of them is crazy into collecting anime books and he reads them all the time.

Susimi said:
Damn right Osaka is the best! I just love the way she views things differently compared to her peers.

The first manga I got into was Yotsuba&! It's pretty much a slice of life manga following the adventures of a young child. I'm a sucker for cute stuff.
Same here! I really like watching and read slice of life anime and manga. One of my favorite anime is Barakamon!

647382b4fdd7590d8d77fe40cd4f15c9.jpg