101 uses for a wrecked crank

On Feb 20, 5:14 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
> 1. Stress relieving spokes.
>
> Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

Shucks, I thought you found a use for Fogel...... ;-)

On Feb 20, 11:27 pm, Ozark Bicycle
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 5:14 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > 1. Stress relieving spokes.

> > Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

> Shucks, I thought you found a use for Fogel...... ;-)

I'm talking about wrecked cranks. Fogel is a wretched crank.

Mind you, the way Australians pronounce wretched as "rat-****", it
would be difficult to distinguish between a cheap and nasty component
and Fogel.

Andre Jute
No human corpses were harmed in the assembly of my golem google gofer,
Carl Fogel. I made him by stuffing a cow's bladder with pig offal. --
CE Statement of Conformity

On Feb 21, 9:24 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 20, 6:14 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > 1. Stress relieving spokes.

> > Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

> 2. Clubbing trolls.

Where do you trolls prefer to go clubbing?

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:24:07 -0800 (PST), [email protected] wrote:

>On Feb 20, 6:14 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 1. Stress relieving spokes.
>>
>> Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

>2. Clubbing trolls.

He, he, he.

On Feb 20, 6:14 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
> 1. Stress relieving spokes.
>
> Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

3. Tie the pieces of the crank arm on a string above my door to signal
someone's arrival (assuming its metal)
4. Paper weight
5. Display your favorite cycling picture in a small photo frame,
support it on your desk with a crank arm at an angle.
6. A hammer
7. Decoration piece, may you can create a model of yin and yang and
hang it on your wall
8. Tie chainring to a rope and use for rock climbing, or batman style
night raids
9. Use chainring as a weapon prop in a Hindu mythological play
10. Tie longer piece of crank arm to a tiny shoot in your garden for
support
11. Dip chainring in paint, roll it on a hard canvas and you have
modern art.
12. Cut two small sectors in chainring, make some studs for your
lady.. its fashion
13. A small piece of crankarm a cm away from pedal clearance can
perhaps be tied to a string can be used to check your bike fit (knee
over ball of feet at horizontal... )

The possibilities are plenty.

Ron
http://cozybeehive.blogspot.com

Ron George wrote:
> 3. Tie the pieces of the crank arm on a string above my door to signal
> someone's arrival (assuming its metal)
> 4. Paper weight
> 5. Display your favorite cycling picture in a small photo frame,
> support it on your desk with a crank arm at an angle.
> 6. A hammer
> 7. Decoration piece, may you can create a model of yin and yang and
> hang it on your wall
> 8. Tie chainring to a rope and use for rock climbing, or batman style
> night raids
> 9. Use chainring as a weapon prop in a Hindu mythological play
> 10. Tie longer piece of crank arm to a tiny shoot in your garden for
> support
> 11. Dip chainring in paint, roll it on a hard canvas and you have
> modern art.
> 12. Cut two small sectors in chainring, make some studs for your
> lady.. its fashion
> 13. A small piece of crankarm a cm away from pedal clearance can
> perhaps be tied to a string can be used to check your bike fit (knee
> over ball of feet at horizontal... )
> The possibilities are plenty.

Good list, but don't stop there!
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/ringhead.jpg
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Feb 22, 6:06 pm, Ron George <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 6:14 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > 1. Stress relieving spokes.

> > Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

> 3. Tie the pieces of the crank arm on a string above my door to signal
> someone's arrival (assuming its metal)
> 4. Paper weight
> 5. Display your favorite cycling picture in a small photo frame,
> support it on your desk with a crank arm at an angle.
> 6. A hammer
> 7. Decoration piece, may you can create a model of yin and yang and
> hang it on your wall
> 8. Tie chainring to a rope and use for rock climbing, or batman style
> night raids
> 9. Use chainring as a weapon prop in a Hindu mythological play
> 10. Tie longer piece of crank arm to a tiny shoot in your garden for
> support
> 11. Dip chainring in paint, roll it on a hard canvas and you have
> modern art.
> 12. Cut two small sectors in chainring, make some studs for your
> lady.. its fashion
> 13. A small piece of crankarm a cm away from pedal clearance can
> perhaps be tied to a string can be used to check your bike fit (knee
> over ball of feet at horizontal... )
>
> Ronhttp://cozybeehive.blogspot.com

14. Hollow out the lefthand arm and build it into a folding multitool.

15. Clip it to your bike's handlebars after painting on the shaft,
"Make my day, cager."

16. Use it as a heatsink for bike electronics.

Andre Jute
Just starting...

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:03:44 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Feb 22, 6:06 pm, Ron George <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Feb 20, 6:14 pm, Andre Jute <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > 1. Stress relieving spokes.

>> > Andre Jutehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

>> 3. Tie the pieces of the crank arm on a string above my door to signal
>> someone's arrival (assuming its metal)
>> 4. Paper weight
>> 5. Display your favorite cycling picture in a small photo frame,
>> support it on your desk with a crank arm at an angle.
>> 6. A hammer
>> 7. Decoration piece, may you can create a model of yin and yang and
>> hang it on your wall
>> 8. Tie chainring to a rope and use for rock climbing, or batman style
>> night raids
>> 9. Use chainring as a weapon prop in a Hindu mythological play
>> 10. Tie longer piece of crank arm to a tiny shoot in your garden for
>> support
>> 11. Dip chainring in paint, roll it on a hard canvas and you have
>> modern art.
>> 12. Cut two small sectors in chainring, make some studs for your
>> lady.. its fashion
>> 13. A small piece of crankarm a cm away from pedal clearance can
>> perhaps be tied to a string can be used to check your bike fit (knee
>> over ball of feet at horizontal... )
>>
>> Ronhttp://cozybeehive.blogspot.com

>14. Hollow out the lefthand arm and build it into a folding multitool.
>
>15. Clip it to your bike's handlebars after painting on the shaft,
>"Make my day, cager."
>
>16. Use it as a heatsink for bike electronics.
>
>Andre Jute
>Just starting...

73. Etch the left ones with "spoke card insertion tool" and flog 'em
to the hipster fixer tricksters for twenty bucks a pop.
--
zk

On Feb 22, 11:10 pm, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:03:44 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> 3. Tie the pieces of the crank arm on a string above my door to signal
> >> someone's arrival (assuming its metal)
> >> 4. Paper weight
> >> 5. Display your favorite cycling picture in a small photo frame,
> >> support it on your desk with a crank arm at an angle.
> >> 6. A hammer
> >> 7. Decoration piece, may you can create a model of yin and yang and
> >> hang it on your wall
> >> 8. Tie chainring to a rope and use for rock climbing, or batman style
> >> night raids
> >> 9. Use chainring as a weapon prop in a Hindu mythological play
> >> 10. Tie longer piece of crank arm to a tiny shoot in your garden for
> >> support
> >> 11. Dip chainring in paint, roll it on a hard canvas and you have
> >> modern art.
> >> 12. Cut two small sectors in chainring, make some studs for your
> >> lady.. its fashion
> >> 13. A small piece of crankarm a cm away from pedal clearance can
> >> perhaps be tied to a string can be used to check your bike fit (knee
> >> over ball of feet at horizontal... )

> >> Ronhttp://cozybeehive.blogspot.com

> >14. Hollow out the lefthand arm and build it into a folding multitool.

> >15. Clip it to your bike's handlebars after painting on the shaft,
> >"Make my day, cager."

> >16. Use it as a heatsink for bike electronics.

> >Andre Jute
> >Just starting...

> 73. Etch the left ones with "spoke card insertion tool" and flog 'em
> to the hipster fixer tricksters for twenty bucks a pop.
> --
> zk

But only if the crank is NJS.

Per Ron George:
>13. A small piece of crankarm a cm away from pedal clearance can
>perhaps be tied to a string can be used to check your bike fit (knee
>over ball of feet at horizontal... )
>
>The possibilities are plenty.

14) Use it as part of a weather station.
http://tinyurl.com/2u3waq
--
PeteCresswell

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:59:14 -0800 (PST), [email protected]
missed an opportunity I'd not considered:
\
>> >16. Use it as a heatsink for bike electronics.

>> >Andre Jute
>> >Just starting...

>> 73. Etch the left ones with "spoke card insertion tool" and flog 'em
>> to the hipster fixer tricksters for twenty bucks a pop.
>> --
>> zk

>But only if the crank is NJS.

No, Those would be $45 in gold or champagne with the silk bag.
Black, for the stealth alley cat stylers, is only thirty.
--
zk