1. What's the biggest tire (2.25" upwards) that fits 16" rims? 2. What rim would I need for such a tire ; what are the widest rims available in 16"? 3. what are the shortest cranks that fit profile/kh/koxx hubs?
thats all i had time for, probably isnt a help but there it is. what do you want a 16" trials unicycle for, 20" is much mroe standard and would be better i think.
“When someone tells you there is no such thing as truth, they are asking you not to believe them. So don’t.” - Dr. Roger Scruton ------------------------------------------------------------------------ UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49410
I think the rim would be the hardest thing to find. For the cranks i suggest koxx isis 110m cranks. You would probly find some kind of wheel barrow tire.
3. what are the shortest cranks that fit profile/kh/koxx hubs?
jabbath 🙂
Why not LONGEST(functional) cranks?
I have learned on 16" and it is the one which I have tried to modify(in my ignorance) The biggest fun I had with 11,5 cm cranks. Those cranks deliver relatively smooth performance and still allow for turning.😉
“When someone tells you there is no such thing as truth, they are asking you not to believe them. So don’t.” - Dr. Roger Scruton ------------------------------------------------------------------------ UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49410
Yes, use a normal 16" wheelset and a tyre like the jumping Jack from Schwalbe . It should work fine upt to 30 or 40 kg. Its also much more easy to handle for a litle child than a 16" Trial. A 20" Quax muni with a maxxis for example bounces my daughter and not she the muni 🙂 Now she use a normal 20" Rim and a Jumping Jack (20x2,1) and it works fine to start.